Linux problems with website and game

edited March 2007 in Site Support
Hi there,

I know linux is not officially supported, but i have an issue that maybe someone has a solution for.

First i have a problem logging in to the Telltale games website on Linux/Firefox. I have to run IE 6 in Wine to see the login field in the top left of the main website. Very annoying searching for that field when the website refers to it, but it's nowhere to be seen. Is it possible to fix this? It's not very user friendly.

My main problem is that i want to run Sam & Max Culture Shock on Linux and have heard good stories of people being able to run it. I have bought the first episode and the download and installation both run fine in Wine. However, when i try to start the game i get an error that some files may be damaged. Doing a little research, i found out that this only occurs with people that use a legitimate version of the game. People that run a cracked version, don't get this error.

Is there a way to run S&M in Wine without having to use a cracked version?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    KenSentMe wrote: »
    Hi there,

I know linux is not officially supported, but i have an issue that maybe someone has a solution for.

First i have a problem logging in to the Telltale games website on Linux/Firefox. I have to run IE 6 in Wine to see the login field in the top left of the main website. Very annoying searching for that field when the website refers to it, but it's nowhere to be seen. Is it possible to fix this? It's not very user friendly.

I have the same problem. When I removed flash I could see the login field, but then of course I saw none of the flash. It almost seem like the flash control checks if the control runs on Linux or Windows. That's the only plausible reason I can find, since I can't understand that flash for linux and flash for Windows support different functions. Anyway, this should be fixed, especially since one has to login to post on the forum. Even if it's not possible to download episodes in linux, it should be possible to login.
  • edited March 2007
    Try the newest version of Opera =)

http://www.opera.com
    I'm pretty sure the Linux version works fine with Telltale web =)

It is also my number one webbrowser, it rocks ^^

I'm not sure about running the game in Linux though. But if you have bought the game I would say that downloading a cracked version to run it under Linux is not a very bad thing to do. As long as you own the license. But of course, it would be much better if there was another solution.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    I know about that login box but. Sorry about that :( There isn't an immediate solution right now, but that whole navbar at the top of the site will be replaced with a non-Flash version fairly soon.
  • edited March 2007
    Plan3 wrote: »
    Try the newest version of Opera =)

http://www.opera.com
    I'm pretty sure the Linux version works fine with Telltale web =)

It is also my number one webbrowser, it rocks ^^

I'm not sure about running the game in Linux though. But if you have bought the game I would say that downloading a cracked version to run it under Linux is not a very bad thing to do. As long as you own the license. But of course, it would be much better if there was another solution.

I prefer to keep my browsing to Firefox, and sometimes IE6 when sites like this don't display well on Firefox.
    Jake wrote: »
    I know about that login box but. Sorry about that :( There isn't an immediate solution right now, but that whole navbar at the top of the site will be replaced with a non-Flash version fairly soon.

Ok, we'll just have to wait for that. Can my topic be moved back to the Sam & Max section, because that was my main problem?
This discussion has been closed.