Strange voice clip

edited March 2011 in Sam & Max
The other day I was listening to some music file from the devil's playhouse when I found this (that quite scared myself)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23802589/vox_lib.mp3

I can't remember this thing in the game o_o
what's supposed to be

Comments

• edited March 2011
    was it during the part when they were messing with the machine at Mama Bosco's... the whats it called?
  • edited March 2011
    I recognized Sam's voice in there. So I reversed it. Check it out!

http://www.crfh.net/other/vox_lib2.mp3
  • edited March 2011
    Hmm. Maybe a scrapped future vision voice clip from the final battle?
  • edited March 2011
    Nope.avi

It's a backwards recording from the fight with Papierwaite at the end of Episode Two. Why this exists baffles me, but whatever.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm assuming they use backwards recordings as background noise, for ambience of lovecraftian voices and stuff.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm pretty sure they discussed this in the commentary. You do hear it in-game, it's just very subtle.
  • edited March 2011
    Crap, that reminds me that I never got around to the commentary...or playing the game again...

...Did I just stick the season 3 DVD straight on my shelf or something? What the hell?
  • edited March 2011
    ahah cool :D
  • edited March 2011
    Is it actually played backwards in the game? Yeah.. I... didn't notice this..
  • edited March 2011
    Nice find!

Didn't Sam and Max have a similar exchange when Charlie Ho-Tep exploded in Beyond the Alley of the Dolls? And speaking of, Papierwaite's chanting sounds almost identical to the Doggelgangers' changing during the final battle of that episode.
  • edited March 2011
    When the Toybox explodes at the end of the Charlie Ho-tep vs Max showdown, Sam tells Max to close his eyes. He answers "Why? This is really cool!". The little bit before that is Sam's earworm for "mind plague". My theory is that they clipped it together and played it backwards as background noise, for ambience.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.