International shipping time survey

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey, are you a non-US/Canada customer who's ordered a physical good that had to be shipped to you? If so, we want to know about how long it took to arrive after you got the shipping notification e-mail. Vote in the poll, and if possible, follow up with what country you live in. Also, if you noticed anything odd about the package, like excessive customs paperwork or odd postmarks from different countries, post that too :)

Please, only respond with info on things you purchased from our store. We're trying to get an idea how long our product is taking to get to you.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    4-5 weeks. Destination Australia.

It was also during the holiday period when mail is as a rule generally slower.

The only odd this is that on the customs declaration slip on the box it had the contents listed as 'software' when it was actually a t-shirt. :)
  • edited March 2007
    I've ordered textbooks and games from overseas, and they don't often take more than two weeks to arrive. I'm in Australia.
  • edited March 2007
    ordered 21st feb
    shipped 23rd feb
    arrived March 14

this is australia.. thats 14 working days / 2 and a half weeks
  • edited March 2007
    The sketchbook took about 2 weeks to get to the Netherlands... I thought it was funny that the book by itself would fit through the letterbox, but the parcel was rather big. Still, that's a good thing, since you prevent damage that way. I can't remember how long the Sam & Max prints took to arrive, but I think it was a bit longer than 2 weeks.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Myzer wrote: »
    The only odd this is that on the customs declaration slip on the box it had the contents listed as 'software' when it was actually a t-shirt. :)

Hmm... that's interesting. I wonder if that's the same for others, because it would explain why some packages get held up at customs.

Regarding the packaging for the sketchbook, I received one last week (placed a test order while it was backordered, and forgot to cancel it before the sketchbook came back into stock!) and was surprised at the size of the package, but I think it's to protect it from damage. When the sketchbooks were first available they went out in a smaller paper mailer and someone complained about damage, so we asked DR to provide better packaging for the sketchbooks.
  • edited March 2007
    Hi, I used to order stuff from Amazon US, used to take 4-5 weeks, I usually order from Amazon UK now.

I'm in South Africa.
  • edited March 2007
    Usually the Air Mail takes 10 working days to reach Italy. Only once a package took 4 weeks, but I think it's an exception. No customs problem here. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    manicm wrote: »
    Hi, I used to order stuff from Amazon US, used to take 4-5 weeks, I usually order from Amazon UK now.

I'm in South Africa.

Welcome fellow country-person. We are few and far between here! ;)

Oh... if you haven't noticed, this is WAY off topic. My apologies!
  • edited March 2007
    I got my package today, after about two and a half week, and I live in Norway. :)
  • edited March 2007
    I order stuff from Japan a lot, if you use EMS ($12 or so for up to 4 DVDs) I've had stuff get here in 36 hours :)

I imagine having that as an option could greatly speed delivery, it's available at least to most of the first world
  • edited March 2007
    I am in Australia, and I ordered the s&m book, and a t shirt at the end of Feb..

Was disappointed that my only choices were courier or "USPS mail".

What TYPE of usps mail???? Seamail, airmail, what???

<rant mode ON>

As a regular purchaser of stuff from US, i can tell you for fact that USPS (and probably other countries postal services) seamail is UTTER CRAP!!!

NEVER send ANYTHING you value to anyone overseas using seamail, unless you want it lost, damaged and/or EXCESSIVE delivery time. To Australia, seamail usually takes 8 to 10 weeks (!!!!!), despite what others claim (I'm sure there are folks who will swear that stuff arrived much sooner than this, but I suspect if they looked into it, that their seamail parcel was bumped up to airmail by USPS.. They occasionally do this when space is available).

And thats assuming it ever shows up at all, not to mention excessive transport damage to parcels..

This is not hearsay, this has happened to ME, on EACH of the FIVE occasions when folks sent me stuff by seamail (against my explicit instructions NOT to use seamail).

Also, seamail costs, like 30% more.. Its not like the difference in price makes all the grief worthwhile... In some cases airmail modes like USPS global priority can actually cost LESS than crappy seamail.

Just in case i was unclear about all of this stuff, (!!!) I'll reiterate:

Dear Telltale.. Please NEVER USE USPS SEAMAIL FOR ANYTHING, TO ANYONE, ANYWHERE, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL.

Except for when you... NO!! THERE IS NEVER ANY EXCEPTION!!!! EVER!!!

AT ALL!!!

<rant mode off>

Whew. Glad I got that out of my system!
    Sorry for the extremity of this reply, but you did ask! You can probably tell that I lost items of great value to me due to evil seamail.. Never again, and I'd spare others this sad experience, if possible.

Pete.
  • edited March 2007
    Sweden here, got my poster and sketchbook today... I am happy :D

Oh, and I ordered before the second sketchbook-print, so I guess that it now have passed... 2-3 weeks?
    edited March 2007
    Pete - International UPS wasn't an option for you?

We don't control the shipping methods and unfortunately have no control over how they're presented on the website. I agree, a little more information would be nice.

For the record, international USPS packages are sent out Priority. So they're not taking the slow boat. :D (They're not supposed to be, anyway!)
  • edited March 2007
    I live locally and it's been 10 days and still no book! No biggie, though...
  • edited March 2007
    Hi Emily,
    UPS was a LOT more than USPS.. My main question (apart from the rant :) ) was about the lack of info about the mode of USPS mailing.. If it goes priority, then all should be well, as this is an airmail service. Seems odd, though, that some folks are reporting long delays to receipt of their stuff.. To Australia, I've never had a USPS airmail transit time longer than 12 days..

Also, something that would be REALLY neat, is to provide the tracking/reference number for the USPS priority parcel.. This way we could check on the USPS website to see where the parcel is at in its travel to its destination.. I use this a LOT, and it makes for some good peace of mind, as well as giving an idea of when to expect it...

Cheers,

Pete

P.S. Keep up the good posts, Emily! I have always found your posts to the forum to be informative and well thought out. Sometimes even humourous, too :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    I live locally and it's been 10 days and still no book! No biggie, though...

They don't ship from Telltale's office. Everything ships from some fulfullment center somewhere that Digital River uses.
  • edited March 2007
    I ordered a t-shirt on the 7th and no shipping e-mail yet. But I'll be sure and let you know how long it takes twixt the email and delivery when I get it.
    edited March 2007
    Seems odd, though, that some folks are reporting long delays to receipt of their stuff..

It does seem odd, that's why we're doing this highly official survey. ;) Since we have no control over what happens at the warehouse or once the package is in the post office's hands, we want to make sure that the packages that are supposedly going out priority are really reaching our customers in the priority timeframe.
    Also, something that would be REALLY neat, is to provide the tracking/reference number for the USPS priority parcel.. This way we could check on the USPS website to see where the parcel is at in its travel to its destination..

I agree, but tracking is not an option with this shipping method. We are trying to get more information about whether tracking could be added for a nominal fee (like at the post office, where you can "buy" tracking for like 50 cents extra).

The bottom line is we want to make sure our customers are getting the best service possible, and with stuff like shipping it's a few steps removed from us so we wouldn't immediately be aware of a problem. We noticed a few complaints coming in of packages taking a long time or never showing up at all, so we figured it was time to do a little digging and make sure it's not a widespread problem.
    P.S. Keep up the good posts, Emily! I have always found your posts to the forum to be informative and well thought out. Sometimes even humourous, too :)

Thanks. I should try to make them humorous more often. :p

EDIT: 2ndComing, your shirt shipped on the 9th. Please check your spam folder for that shipping notification (if Gmail hasn't already deleted it).
  • edited March 2007
    Ah, found it. Thank you Emily, I had checked my spam earlier but just scanned it. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Ordered my S&M sketch book, as well as a tshirt on 4 March.

Got the parcel today, took 14 days from Telltale order receipt to my door in Melbourne, Australia. Sweet.

Emily, from my experience, this is DEFINITELY priority airmail.

If telltale could add a note to that effect on the ordering page, that would be cool. That way, folks like me will be able to choose from 2 services, UPS (NOW, NOW, I want it NOW!), and USPS airmail (I can wait a couple of weeks or so), rather than the way it is now, where the choices are UPS (as above), USPS mail of unknown description (could be here in a week, or maybe 4 months, or maybe just send my parcel and poor Sam and Max to the BRINY DEEP!!!)
    Thanks. I should try to make them humorous more often.

I didnt mean to imply that you were only occasionally humourous :)

Cheers all,

Pete
  • edited March 2007
    ogoun wrote: »
    Ordered my S&M sketch book, as well as a tshirt on 4 March.

Got the parcel today, took 14 days from Telltale order receipt to my door in Melbourne, Australia. Sweet.

Hey do you think you should drop off the sam and max flat promo card to minataur? might help promote the sam and max games.. I'd do it but I wanna keep mine:p
  • edited March 2007
    Hey do you think you should drop off the sam and max flat promo card to minataur? might help promote the sam and max games.. I'd do it but I wanna keep mine

Not a bad idea.. I have 3 now, so I can spare one.. I'd be surprised though if they werent aware of sam and max...

Cheers,

Pete
  • edited March 2007
    ogoun wrote: »
    Not a bad idea.. I have 3 now, so I can spare one.. I'd be surprised though if they werent aware of sam and max...

Cheers,

Pete

well thats where i got my copy of surfin the highway..i've talked to some people there about sam and max and they have fond memories of it..they also have the bone comics :)
  • edited March 2007
    Ordered my T-Shirt and Sketchbook on the 9th of march. They came in today ^^ that's roughly 2 weeks, which is standard delivery time for shippings from america to me ^^
  • edited March 2007
    I'm holding my T-shirt right now. So that's just under two weeks. Standard for most things I order from America :)

Oh and the Green Customs declaration on mine said it was software as well for some reason.
  • edited March 2007
    2ndComing wrote: »
    I'm holding my T-shirt right now. So that's just under two weeks.

Holding? You should be wearing it already! :3 Just kidding ^^;
  • edited March 2007
    I just found out that my ordered DeSoto-shirt should have been shipped a long time ago. I have ordered it in October along with Season 1, but I have recieved nothing as of yet, no shipping e-mail, no shirt. So my shipping is already taking 4 months. I live in the Netherlands BTW.
  • edited March 2007
    ChazFox wrote: »
    Holding? You should be wearing it already! :3 Just kidding ^^;

I found my computer before I found the scissors to open the box :(
    edited March 2007
    War-overlord -- your t-shirt never shipped and I don't know why.

I'll email Digital River about it.
  • edited March 2007
    Two weeks or so; foxy DeSoto shirt to the United Kingdom.

This makes for a very happy da-geezer.
  • edited March 2007
    S&M book took 10 days. I selected USPS, and I live in the Netherlands. I'm glad one can choose between UPS and USPS, because I've had several bad experiences with UPS in the past. Thumbs up!

--Erwin
  • edited March 2007
    Just thought I'd add my delivery time to be etched in digital stone like everyone else...

Just under two weeks for the S&M sketchbookto get to the UK, which was a lovely surprise for a monday morning.

(Not sure If I've posted on here before so 'hello' if not, - I guess that just goes to show I do too much lurking on these forums)
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    War-overlord -- your t-shirt never shipped and I don't know why.

I'll email Digital River about it.

A message when my T-shirt does ship would be greatly apreciated. A reason why it didn't ship would be even more apreciated, but mostly I would just like my T-shirt.
  • edited March 2007
    It took 11 days for DeSoto shirt. I didnt notice anything odd on the package, but there was lots of paper in it and of course the t-shirt :D
    I tried to examine that pile of paper, but I found nothing :(

Now I look cool, and my friends gonna envy me :D
  • edited March 2007
    Products shipped on March 8, but they haven't arrived yet... :(
  • edited March 2007
    Took over 5 weeks to reach me, unfortunately. I'm in Australia and ordered the sketch book, two print posters and a t-shirt. I was starting to wonder if it was an evil plot to make awesome games and never deliver ordered merchandise :P

It was worth the wait though!
  • edited April 2007
    I think mine took around eight weeks to arrive.
    That was the sketch book to Melbourne Australia around November last year.
  • edited April 2007
    Okay, so I ordered the sketch book, the western poster and the desoto t-shirt about one week and a half ago... And I have received all today! As you know, I live in France :)

Ooh, and before I forget, thank Steve Purcell and all the Telltale team, from me :)
  • edited April 2007
    I just got my Game Developers magazine + autograph!
    Thanks a lot guys :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    You're welcome a lot :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.