Reality 2.0 GameTap trailer (screenshots inside, avoid if sensitive to spoilers)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I can't wait. It looks brilliant.
    Nice to see Myra back, hopefully we might see the Director (my favourite secondary character after Hugh Bliss) as well.
    (Spoilered for anyone who scrolled past the screenshots at lightspeed with their eyes closed)
  • edited March 2007
    Here are a few screenshots (Of the trailer, of course. :p) that I took. Maratanos took shots of pretty much everything else.

sm1hq1.jpg

sm3hg0.jpg

sm4ix5.jpg
  • edited March 2007
    Lol, that looks fantastic, I can't wait!
  • edited March 2007
    this looks like the best episode yet..completely out there .. I love it! :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    We'll have a trailer and some real screenshots coming out on Tuesday.

The GameTap trailer wasn't supposed to go into their client until next week. I'm not sure why it went out early. But I just wanted to reassure everyone that there WILL be a lot more info about the game coming out very soon. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    The GameTap trailer wasn't supposed to go into their client until next week. I'm not sure why it went out early.

Well, they breached the contract, now you can too (or otherwise you'll sue their asses off)! Which means: Simultanious release of Episode 5 on GameTap and the TTG-site! YAY!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Our trailer's still out in the hands of Jared and Julian at BASound... so we got nothing right now :) Well... we do have something... we've got an awesome trailer that I think people'll like pretty well, but it hasn't got final sound yet.
  • edited March 2007
    damn that BASound they are probably out scouring the california area for bigfoots while we wait patiently at our computers for a trailer to a game we wont be able to play for over 3 weeks!
  • edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Can someone with mod powers please mark this thread as spoilers? There's no way to hide images with spoiler tags...

You could link to the JPGs rather than embed them. Then people would have to click-to-view.
  • edited March 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    The GameTap trailer wasn't supposed to go into their client until next week. I'm not sure why it went out early. But I just wanted to reassure everyone that there WILL be a lot more info about the game coming out very soon. :)

Really? Jeez! This is the 2nd time GameTap screwed up. If I were you guys, I would be really laying it down on 'em. Who knows what they'll goof up next, maybe they will "accidently" release an episode early. :/ Oh well, on the bright side it was only a week. (The trailer)
  • edited March 2007
    wow the episode looks unique to say the least............. my only fear is that the graphic detail of the worlds will cause lag on slower machines, but we will have to wait and see

the shot with sam holding the sword looks like he is in the conveinence store, so....
    it is not hard to put two and two together and realise that the wooden sword is the bosco tech device for this episode
    ...... (which is something that should not be revealed in a trailer :mad: )
  • edited March 2007
    So you spoofed both Tron AND The Matrix at the same time?! Sweet.:D
  • edited March 2007
    Told ya it was kind of like Tron. :p Don't worry D.Z., it seemed to play fine in the trailer. It's mostly just a different style in textures. It appears more detailed, but it's really just very different. Episode 5 was well timed too, because it's a nice break from the ordinary. Personally I am very excited, again, about it. Telltale is doing a good job keeping me interested in every new episode.

However, I do have a bit of news that hasn't been mentioned.

There was a special effect in the trailer. Yes, a full screen special effect. I don't think there have been any of those in previous episodes. It's possible that the trailer was edited in a video editor though. Can we get a comment on this from someone at Telltale? Emily, Jake... ?
  • edited March 2007
    This looks great! I can't wait :D
  • edited March 2007
    That sword Sam's holding in one of the screenshots looks suspiciously like his dragon-slaying sword from Hit the Road (from the VR sequence). Heh.
  • edited March 2007
    The full screen effect was added in post. sorry :(
  • edited March 2007
    Aww, dang. :( Thanks for informing us anyway. Hey... Do you think Gametap released the trailer a week early to get back at you guys for releasing Episode 4 a week early?
    edited March 2007
    Haha, that would be crazy if true, but no. They were well aware of our early release of episode 4. We're a little surprised that they put the ep 5 trailer out early, though. Oh well, what can you do. Everything's comin out early all the time these days! Not like in my day, when we were kids back with Episode 1.
  • edited March 2007
    Sam and Max: The only episodic series where people (can) complain about things coming out too early.
  • edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Haha, that would be crazy if true, but no. They were well aware of our early release of episode 4. We're a little surprised that they put the ep 5 trailer out early, though. Oh well, what can you do. Everything's comin out early all the time these days! Not like in my day, when we were kids back with Episode 1.

How the years fly by, eh?
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    Sam and Max: The only episodic series where people (can) complain about things coming out too early.

OBJECTION! I often thought Will and Grace would have been funnier if Will stayed in the closet for the first few episodes instead of coming out right away :P
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    No one breached the contract. There was a miscommunication between some of GameTap's groups about the release date and it ended up showing up in the client early. No big deal.
  • edited March 2007
    so where is the telltale trailer............ it is mid afternoon on tuesday and still nothing about Reality 2.0 on telltale
  • edited March 2007
    Very soon now.
  • edited March 2007
    So, now that the episodes get released sooner than expected, we have to find another target for our "When's it coming out? It's already xxxday!" bombardement? Obviously...
    edited March 2007
    A button needs to be pressed, then the trailer'll be up. Check here for trailer fulfillment.
  • edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    A button needs to be pressed, then the trailer'll be up. Check here for trailer fulfillment.

Thank you! Now I can rest in peace...
    Well... Sleep...

Btw: Awsome trailer You intern guy that I always forgets the name of!
    edited March 2007
    (it's Nick)

(with sound by Jared and Julian at Bay Area Sound)
  • edited March 2007
    I can only hope that Max attempts to speak in leet :D Or at least says "lol" a few times. The possibilities are endless...
  • edited March 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I can only hope that Max attempts to speak in leet :D Or at least says "lol" a few times. The possibilities are endless...

Just as long as Myra doesn't call them n00bs, I'll be fine.:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.