UK Collector's Edition is out

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I just saw it on Amazon too, that cover is absolutely gorgeous!
    I wish we got that one :(

That retail cover + Steve Purcell's slipcase would make the ultimate TOMI box :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    Also arrived for me today in the Netherlands/Holland.
  • edited April 2011
    That is going to be sooo tempting if I see that in a shop... I've already bought two copies though so I really shouldn't get another copy
  • edited April 2011
    shovell wrote: »
    That is going to be sooo tempting if I see that in a shop... I've already bought two copies though so I really shouldn't get another copy

I'm not letting that stop me! :D
  • edited April 2011
    It's in Australia too :D

20110412125417836.jpg

While most of you who look at the price tag will think $50 is a lot to spend on a video game, in Australia that's actually quite cheap. But I'm not bitter about how much video games are down here or anything, I mean it's not like our dollar is currently stronger than the American one or anything wacky like that...
  • edited April 2011
    How many people are going to be suckered in to buying that at JBs when if they go straight to Telltale, it's only $34.95 which is... AU$34.95 or thereabouts.
  • edited April 2011
    What's with the price of this game? Seriously, it's like £40 on GAME's website, but I saw it in GAME today for £25. Why does it have 2 different prices?

But I definitely will get it, £25 isn't bad... sure I already have brought the game online, and already have the DVD from the TTG website... but this one looks kick ass (I also have Tales on my 360 and PS3) :P
  • edited April 2011
    Looks like two plastic coins rather than one metal one?
  • edited April 2011
    Thankfully I'm quite happy with my Telltale DVD covers. They're all nicely themed too which makes them easy to identify :)

Was kinda disappointed with my Telltale "Limited edition slipcover" though, thought about selling it or something :p
  • edited April 2011
    I saw these in Aussie stores and the new boxart sure is nice. Anyone have a high res scan of it for those who don't want to rebuy the game?

One question on my mind, I'm assuming this wasn't Telltale themselves doing a year old localisation, so who is the distributor?
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah I've been away a little while and just came back to share my enthusiasm now that it's in JB HI-FI in Australia.
    Woodsyblue beat me to the chase however.

But I'm thinking I might buy this anyways, keep the cover and give the telltale store cover (without the Steve Purcell slipcase) to a friend.

Yes I know I'm devious, crafty and wicked. But a gift's a gift right?
  • edited April 2011

Good observation! Can anyone confirm this?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Good observation! Can anyone confirm this?

The Game link says "A Pirate piece of Eight coin"... the picture might have two in it to show both sides of the coin. Just a guess though.
  • edited May 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    The Game link says "A Pirate piece of Eight coin"... the picture might have two in it to show both sides of the coin. Just a guess though.

It just looks like a weird reflection effect tbh, like you can see around the edges of the box.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.