Larry remakes coming to iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad? Or an April Fools joke?

edited June 2011 in Kings Quest Game
SOURCE

The video was posted on April 1 so take it for what you will.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Hmmm... I wonder if they'd update the graphics on this...
    I'm not to sure about it though. If they change them too much I'd rather play them with Scummvm...
  • edited April 2011
    I dunno, that certainly looks like Al Lowe, but I can't find any information about this anywhere.
  • edited April 2011
    aren't they already playable with scummVM?
  • edited April 2011
    That's not official and the license holders can't make money off of that.
  • edited April 2011
    I seriously doubt it was an April Fool's joke given that it was a long interview in a longer video that was filmed well before that date. And do Germans even do that?
  • edited April 2011
    JuntMonkey wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it was an April Fool's joke given that it was a long interview in a longer video that was filmed well before that date.

Al Lowe wishes the viewers happy April Fools day at the end, so at the very least he was aware on when it would air.
    And do Germans even do that?

No, they live on a different planet.
  • edited April 2011
    And do Germans even do that?

Yes we do.:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    Radogol wrote: »
    Al Lowe wishes the viewers happy April Fools day at the end, so at the very least he was aware on when it would air.

Oh I missed that. Definitely a possibility then.
  • edited April 2011
    Al Lowe posted on his Wall on Friday (I believe - I am writing this on Saturday) that it is not an April Fool's joke. But he added that no further info is yet available.
  • edited April 2011
    Al Lowe posted on his Wall on Friday (I believe - I am writing this on Saturday) that it is not an April Fool's joke. But he added that no further info is yet available.

Great, thanks for an update!
  • edited April 2011
    On the assumption that this is genuine...

The guys doing the DOTT-stylee Maniac Mansion are German, aren't they? Does IA have any German members?
  • edited April 2011
    No. IA is not making the DOTT-style MM remake...you realise this, right?
  • edited April 2011
    Sslaxx wrote: »
    On the assumption that this is genuine...

The guys doing the DOTT-stylee Maniac Mansion are German, aren't they? Does IA have any German members?

No, but we do have some German Potato Salad.

Bt
  • edited April 2011
    No. IA is not making the DOTT-style MM remake...you realise this, right?
    I know that, and I didn't say they were.
  • edited April 2011
    DOTT-style Maniac Mansion? Sweet. URL?
  • edited April 2011
    I don't think they have a website yet. They operate on the AGS forums currently I believe. Here's a trailer, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86pGuwnNcE
Sign in to comment in this discussion.