Max's Hive Mind in Season 4

edited November 2011 in Sam & Max
Assuming that the original Max (killed as a Cthulomorph) went to Hell, and that Max does indeed possess a hive mind, do you think it could be used as the basis of Season 4 game mechanics to good effect, or at least in one episode?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    you mean like max taking like that girl from the exorcist that who'd be cool but if max is in hell in 1 hour hill be king of it you now correct
  • edited April 2011
    I don't treat the whole hive mind idea very seriously. I see it as something Telltale just said to comfort the people going
    "But New Max isn't Real Max!"

If they want to work it into a plot point, sure. Nothing's too nonsensical in the world of Sam and Max. But I'm not really counting on it to come into play in Season 4.

In fact, I'm not even counting on there being a Season 4 anytime soon. :(
  • edited April 2011
    Max as a character undergoes no development or change throughout any of the stories, so which Max Sam travels around with is actually irrelevant. Although maybe this isn't the right thread for this discussion...
  • edited April 2011
    Oh good, more of these threads.

You're thinking way too early, it's hard enough to believe there will be a season four at all at this time.
  • edited April 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Oh good, more of these threads.

You're thinking way too early, it's hard enough to believe there will be a season four at all at this time.

Well, I haven't been around this part of the forum for some time now, and I didn't see any fresh threads (or any at all, for that matter!) actually addressing the hive mind as a possible component of the game mechanics. And as much as Season 3 is done masterfully and is probably Telltale's greatest installment yet, I'd like to see at least another season, especially if Telltale wants to end the franchise anytime. That fourth season could somehow unite all of the three previous ones and give a definite finale, but... Season 3 finale could be interpreted as definite, and I think we are all well aware that Telltale likes to tease us with loose ends as much as keep the options open.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, I haven't been around this part of the forum for some time now, and I didn't see any fresh threads (or any at all, for that matter!) actually addressing the hive mind as a possible component of the game mechanics. And as much as Season 3 is done masterfully and is probably Telltale's greatest installment yet, I'd like to see at least another season, especially if Telltale wants to end the franchise anytime. That fourth season could somehow unite all of the three previous ones and give a definite finale, but... Season 3 finale could be interpreted as definite, and I think we are all well aware that Telltale likes to tease us with loose ends as much as keep the options open.

We'd all love to see another season mate. We just got to remain optimistic about it. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    optimistic it there money maker if they don't they got bran damage and they don't but can we get back on topic now
  • edited May 2011
    I'm excpecting it to be ignored. At most I'm hoping for a 1-off gag during a opening animation like:

Max: say Sam, did you remember to record my head catching fire and exploding like I asked?
  • edited May 2011
    More sam&max!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Yes! MORE!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    i think they should make a season 4 because when the other max came they should do more cases like at a alien planet well thats my thought:)
  • edited November 2011
    I am Facebook friends with Steve Purcell and was chatting with him recently and posed a question similar to this one:

Me: By the way, I've been wondering, is the end of the third season canonical or is it possible that we could still see Max X, or the original Max in any future comics you may release?

Steve: There's no such thing as canon in Sam & Max world. Max is Max in my mind.

You guys have nothing to worry about.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.