Which episode(1-4) took the shortest time to solve?

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
For me, it was the episode 3. Puzzles/problems were pretty easy. the longest time took episode 1, maybe 'cause the whole "environment" was odd.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Definitely #3. It was the shortest and easiest, but I thought that #4 had the perfect length for an episode.
  • edited March 2007
    Episode three has already been announced to have been the shortest episode in the entire season.

Including 5 and 6.
  • edited March 2007
    Ep. 4 took me the least time, not including all the going back and forth from the White House to the street (my only complaint about Ep. 4)

I think it's because I stumbled into a few solutions by pure accident.
  • edited March 2007
  • edited March 2007
    three was the shortest, four was the longest, and one and two are in the middle

which do you guys think felt longer........... episode one or two?
  • edited March 2007
    Episode 1 had more puzzles. Followed by Episode 4. 2 and 3 were way to short.
  • edited March 2007
    Two felt the shortest for me, although three came close.
  • edited March 2007
    Episode 3 was the shortest, but it had some of the funniest moments in the whole season (so far ;))
  • edited March 2007
    Episode 3 was the shortest.

I don't understand why people hail Episode 4 as the longest. It certainly lasts precisesly as long as Episode 1 (that's by solving all the puzzles alone, no dialogue/cutscenes/wandering around etc). The only difference is that the puzzles are not as straightforward as Episode 1's puzzles, albeit still pretty straightforward; and there's also the going back and forth all the time which is pretty time consuming (loading time & entries/exits).
  • edited March 2007
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    Episode 3 was the shortest.

I don't understand why people hail Episode 4 as the longest. It certainly lasts precisely as long as Episode 1 (that's by solving all the puzzles alone, no dialogue/cutscenes/wandering around etc). The only difference is that the puzzles are not as straightforward as Episode 1's puzzles, albeit still pretty straightforward; and there's also the going back and forth all the time which is pretty time consuming (loading time & entries/exits).

Okay. That's like saying "Me going shopping downtown takes exactly as long as me taking a plane to South Africa to shop, because the only difference is the giant times in transit.

You can't just make random exceptions... Especially not for things so crucial as difficulty level...

By that logic, all the episodes were roughly the same length because they all contained the same number of tasks, and it doesn't matter that some episodes were a lot easier than others...

:rolleyes:
  • edited March 2007
    3 by far. It took two hours or less, whereas episode 2 took more like four hours and the others took more like five or six. Episode 3's "puzzle trilogy" was really easy; once I solved one, the other two were done within the half-hour.
  • edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Okay. That's like saying "Me going shopping downtown takes exactly as long as me taking a plane to South Africa to shop, because the only difference is the giant times in transit.

You can't just make random exceptions... Especially not for things so crucial as difficulty level...

By that logic, all the episodes were roughly the same length because they all contained the same number of tasks, and it doesn't matter that some episodes were a lot easier than others...

:rolleyes:

The fact that the puzzles weren't as straightforward as in the previous episodes has nothing to do with the difficulty level. They still were pretty simple and easy to figure out, and that's another subject altogether.

Besides, the comparison was made on the assumption of knowing the puzzle solutions beforehand, and skipping all dialogue & cut-scenes (and omitting the *cough* interesting interlude).

Unless you're saying that, for argument's sake, a single-puzzle game that is so difficult and takes a year to solve is, in fact, a longer game than a 20-puzzle game that takes a week or two to solve.
  • edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    three was the shortest, four was the longest, and one and two are in the middle

The same here.. and episode 4 is my favorite.
  • edited March 2007
    episode 3. episode 2 was annoying cuz of the
    Midtown Cowboys act
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    they're probably hiding a cow
  • edited March 2007
    I thought he was a French chef?
    :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.