Reasons to like or hate the Chariots of the Dogs

edited April 2011 in Sam & Max
Let me hear what you like or hate about the episode and why. (please :))
I just don't know what to think of that episode. :(
So please, help me out here.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Most people love it and think it's one of the best episodes. Boscow is just the start of some hilarious time travel shenanigans (and good puzzles), and it introduces the popular Momma Bosco and Grandpa Stinky. Also the hilariously preposterous revelations about T.H.E.M. and Featherly, and overall great reuse of old assets.
  • edited April 2011
    The Mariachis = MEGALOL

The ending is a bit annoying because it's not clear what you should do. I think I spent a million hours there.
  • edited April 2011
    I think what many people love about Chariots of the Dogs are the facts about T.H.E.M are found out and it's hilarious. There's an epic musical montage and the time-travelling gimmick was well done, visiting older locations and the new, and seeing the faces of Sam and max later in the future and in the past.

Anything bad about it?.. well, I don't really know.. I guess it doesn't have that extra push with humor the other episodes had.. While Chariot of the Dogs was a good episode, I honestly enjoyed such episodes like "What's New, Beezlebub?" and some of the ones from Season 1, like "Reality 2.0". I can't really explain it..maybe the humor was more spot-on?

In conclusion, I would say (bluntly) that while Chariot of the Dogs was a fun and engaging episodes, it wasn't as 'funny' as the other episodes. But of course, you're entitled to your own opinion. ^^
  • edited April 2011
    Chariots is my favorite episode of all three seasons. I enjoyed the time travel puzzles, which I thought were very well-done, as well as meeting
    Sams and Maxes of all ages
    . As mentioned it also introduced the hilarious Momma Bosco and Grandpa Stinky.

I'm not the kind of person who cares for musical montages in general (nope, not even the War Song >.>), so that didn't have as much of a push on me as it might have on other people. I found the mariachis themselves hilarious, though, and the way they're used to address a few real-life philosophical questions (i.e. the chicken and the egg, the creation of the universe) with the usual brand of Sam & Max ridiculousness is the Best Thing Ever to me.

Also, it was the birth of the Banang Gag.

Why don't you list some positive and negative feelings about this episode yourself? That'll help more than people telling you how they feel.
  • edited April 2011
    It's my favorite episode of all three seasons.
  • edited April 2011
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    Chariots is my favorite episode of all three seasons. I enjoyed the time travel puzzles, which I thought were very well-done, as well as meeting
    Sams and Maxes of all ages
    . As mentioned it also introduced the hilarious Momma Bosco and Grandpa Stinky.

I'm not the kind of person who cares for musical montages in general (nope, not even the War Song >.>), so that didn't have as much of a push on me as it might have on other people. I found the mariachis themselves hilarious, though, and the way they're used to address a few real-life philosophical questions (i.e. the chicken and the egg, the creation of the universe) with the usual brand of Sam & Max ridiculousness is the Best Thing Ever to me.

Also, it was the birth of the Banang Gag.

Why don't you list some positive and negative feelings about this episode yourself? That'll help more than people telling you how they feel.

I have very mixed feelings about it. I want to like it, I really do. And I can understand why you guys like it when you're explaining your reasons. But I really don't know what it is with this episode...
    I wanna see it from both perspectives. If someone writes why he/she doesn't like the game that would be excellent, because then I can see who has the strongest arguments to why they like or dislike it.
  • edited April 2011
    Duccen wrote: »
    I have very mixed feelings about it. I want to like it, I really do. And I can understand why you guys like it when you're explaining your reasons. But I really don't know what it is with this episode...
    I wanna see it from both perspectives. If someone writes why he/she doesn't like the game that would be excellent, because then I can see who has the strongest arguments to why they like or dislike it.

Haha, don't worry, I feel that way a lot about a bunch of things. Actually, I felt that way about Moai Better Blues, and maybe when I was playing some of Season 2 in general. It may just be one of those iffy episodes. I wouldn't worry about it. ^^
  • edited April 2011
    I love that game. One of the main reasons I love it so much is...
    "I can't use these things together"
    "That's nice sam."
  • edited April 2011
    best season 2 episode. 3rd best episode over all behind beyond the alley of the dolls and tomb of sammunmak
  • edited April 2011
    I thought it was really funny and there was like loads of things going on in it - how young Sam stopped being nerd, Momma Bosco coming onto Max and Bosco as a cow. And of course T.H.E.M. What I loved most about it was that it was really climatic in the end and set it up for the last episode of the season. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.