Tales of Monkey Island Patches?

I just played through Chapters 1 and 2 for the first time today, and while I thought the puzzles were a little on the easy side, I was still mostly impressed with this continuation of the Monkey Island series. But I was taken aback by the huge number of bugs, especially in Chapter 2. Missing sound files, animations playing when they shouldn't, plot items duplicated, etc. I do understand that these were episodic games, and development time/release dates may have contributed to these bugs, but google doesn't seem to point me to any patches available either. Were these games really abandoned after release in such a state? Can we expect patches to fix these issues in the future?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    TTG almost never patches anything unless it's a game breaking bug.
  • edited April 2011
    Really? Well, Chapter 2 may be completable, but I would consider it quite broken as well. If that's really the case, I just lost a lot of respect for Telltale. :(
  • edited April 2011
    BDMarvel wrote: »
    Really? Well, Chapter 2 may be completable, but I would consider it quite broken as well. If that's really the case, I just lost a lot of respect for Telltale. :(

I didn't have the trouble you seem to be having, perhaps it's not a widespread problem and/or Telltale aren't aware?
  • edited April 2011
    It should be fairly easy to reproduce the most glaring (most memorable) bugs in Chapter 2.

1. After getting past the blockade, but before sinking the ship, if you go back to Spoon Isle, the cannon on the beach isn't usable. When you try to use it, you get the message that you don't want to interrupt Lechuck while he has a cannon, but Lechuck isn't there and the cannon isn't firing (nor does it still need to be).

2. If you use the cannon after getting past the blockade, but before sinking the ship, then use the map to travel somewhere else, then return, there will be a cannonball just floating in the air. Firing the cannon again causes it to disappear.

3. If you go back to the jungle on Spoon Isle after getting past the blockade, but before sinking the ship, you can find the fake turtle artifact in the mold even though at this point it's already in McGillicutty's possession. You can even pick it up. McGillicutty will still have the conversation, upon hearing the name Guybrush, in which he shows you the fake artifact.

4. After sinking the ship, using the cannon again still shows McGillicutty firing back, even though his ship has sunk.

5. At least 4 times throughout the course of the game, the pyrite parrot's "I'm Guybrush" audio didn't play. I could read the subtitles, but there was no audio at all. Since not everyone plays with subtitles (indeed, they're OFF by default) this can make some of Guybrush's comments seem very odd.

6. It's not a big deal, but as long as I'm listing bugs, there was a rather humorous typo in which "previous" was spelled "pervious" in the subtitle.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.