Sam & Max Hit the Road HD Remake

edited June 2011 in Sam & Max
Anyone else want a Sam & Max Hit the Road HD remake with Telltale's Sam and Max's voice actors? (Or with the original) for PC,Mac, and PS3? Vote in the poll

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yes, it'd be a good idea, but what could you add to this remake? Everything is okay, they would just have to change the graphics. :D

But I voted yes, I want this remake after day of the tentacle.:p
  • edited May 2011
    probably not possible considering the rights are telltales not Lucas arts
  • edited May 2011
    Duh, of course I voted for yes! What did you think I would do?
  • edited May 2011
    I wouldn't mind a new one with higher resolutions. But, I'd like for it to stay drawn. Hand drawn preferably.
  • edited May 2011
    You made it possible to vote for both of the options on the poll. Just so you know.

Anyway, assuming the legal issues surrounding Hit the Road could be resolved, I think we'd all love a remake (or at least a re-release). I don't think dubbing over everything with Nowlin and Kasten is really necessary, though. Nothing against them, of course (I actually prefer their Sam and Max voices over Farmer and Jameson), but there doesn't seem much of a point when we have perfectly good recordings of the dialogue already. I think it'd just need a graphical update and maybe a hint system.
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe if they made the puzzles simpler and less cryptic. New music would be good too, it's hard to listen to the old music...

I think dubbing over with the telltale voices would actually be really great considering Nowlin and Kasten are the new Sam and Max without a doubt. Not necessary, but it'd make the game more enjoyable for me, personally.

Now all those comments were if I wanted a remake of the game which I honestly don't. Aside from legal issues with Lucas Arts, I'd rather be seeing new things. I'd be much more in favor for a season 4 than a remake of an old Sam and Max cartoon/game/comic ect. Of course, I never like it when the classics are messed with.
  • edited May 2011
    You made it possible to vote for both of the options on the poll. Just so you know.

Anyway, assuming the legal issues surrounding Hit the Road could be resolved, I think we'd all love a remake (or at least a re-release). I don't think dubbing over everything with Nowlin and Kasten is really necessary, though. Nothing against them, of course (I actually prefer their Sam and Max voices over Farmer and Jameson), but there doesn't seem much of a point when we have perfectly good recordings of the dialogue already. I think it'd just need a graphical update and maybe a hint system.

Those are all excellent points,and I too would be satisfied with a re-release.
  • edited May 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    Duh, of course I voted for yes! What did you think I would do?

I want it remade with Nowlin and Kasten, just to watch lattsam complain about it.
  • edited May 2011
    I just voted both. By accident, but then I guess it's just as well as I couldn't decide whether to say yes or no. On one hand, I say no. It's perfect the way it is. I love the graphics, the voices, the animation, the puzzles and all of it. It doesn't really need anything added. With the MI remakes they added voices which was the major charm for me, with this there are already voices. I wouldn't mind some commentary though, but I'm happy with the way the art is. It is a brilliant game and should remain that way. On the other hand, if it was remade, I would happily buy it again and it may draw in new fans which can only be a good thing.

So why is this poll multiple choice anyway?
  • edited May 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    probably not possible considering the rights are telltales not Lucas arts
    They worked together and made Monkey Island games, so why not Sam & Max too?
  • edited May 2011
    Rather have something new and or/unreleased.
  • edited May 2011
    They worked together and made Monkey Island games, so why not Sam & Max too?

monkey island is owned by lucas arts. Sam and max are owned by steve purcell. The game rights right now for sam and max is telltale's.
  • edited May 2011
    monkey island is owned by lucas arts. Sam and max are owned by steve purcell. The game rights right now for sam and max is telltale's.

Hit the Road is owned by Lucus though cos it was made by Lucusarts.
  • edited May 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Hit the Road is owned by Lucus though cos it was made by Lucusarts.

no $#!t sherlock
  • edited May 2011
    no $#!t sherlock

Sam: Percent sign, Ampersand, Dollar Sign.
    Max: And colon, semi-colon too!
    Telekenic Guy: What are you two F@*#&*g doing?
    Sam: Swearing in longhand askrisk mouth
  • edited May 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Sam: Percent sign, Ampersand, Dollar Sign.
    Max: And colon, semi-colon too!
    Telekenic Guy: What are you two F@*#&*g doing?
    Sam: Swearing in longhand askrisk mouth

honestly this is what the third / fourth flame war we've had?
  • edited May 2011
    honestly this is what the third / fourth flame war we've had?

Id hardly call any of them a war.
  • edited May 2011
    I think about it more and still find myself saying yes. Those old resolution backgrounds look awful when blown up on modern monitors. Or tvs.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't see why LA couldn't make a HtR: Special Edition like they did with Monkey Island: Special Edition, unless they would have to pay for the rights to re-release it from Purcell. However, with TTG focusing on other games, I think the S+M buzz has died down since it wasn't as big as MI originally, so they likely are looking at it as a big question mark for whether it will make them enough $$$ to be worth recoding it for modern PCs.

As for my personal opinion, yes, I'd live to see a HtR:SE re-release, even if the changes were minimal just for compatibility.
  • edited May 2011
    Ashton wrote: »
    unless they would have to pay for the rights to re-release it from Purcell.

They would. They only possess the rights to re-release it in its existing form. They are not allowed to change it in any way.
  • edited May 2011
    I like the idea, but the art style would probably look like their current episodic graphics (which is trademark at this point) but there's something nostalgic about HtR, so much so that it deserves separate recognition.
  • edited June 2011
    I like the sprite graphics.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm ashamed this thread exists.
    rh1nO.gif
  • edited June 2011
    This game deserved to be re-released for the PSN & Xbox Live.. it's just a pity with what is going on over at LucasArts
  • edited June 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of it in the style of MI2:LR: Special Edition
  • **We need a Sam & Max Hit the Road remake! **

• I don't know how well the HD remakes that Double Fine have been putting out have gone, but I can't imagine them tackling S&M as much as I'd love them to.

Regardless I just want a new S&M game, I don't care if Telltale or Double Fine or some other studio can do it. Its been too long since they've properly graced our screens. (Poker Night doesn't count!)

nRipper posted: »

**We need a Sam & Max Hit the Road remake! **

• Exactly! We need our Dog and Bunny duo back!

tarasis posted: »

I don't know how well the HD remakes that Double Fine have been putting out have gone, but I can't imagine them tackling S&M as much as

Sign in to comment in this discussion.