But WHO is the main villain?

In the two first episode, it was the Tannen fam'ly, at the end of the third episode, we all thought it was going to be Edna, and now, it could be FCB...

He's not really a villain, yeah, because he thinks Marty was selfish, but he can't be the main antagonist. :(

I think it will be Edna, because she was meant to be a villain from the beginning, I think we won't be able save her. (Or maybe she will be happy in a new timeline.:D )

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I have a theory that at this point there is no solid villain at this juncture, just people who are trying to do what they think is right.

There really is no main villain at this point. From what it seems, FCB is going to alter the past to make sure Edna and his younger self is going to still get together and foil Marty's plan to keep his existence alive. No offense, that doesn't make him a villain. He is just trying to continue his existance.

Edna is just going to do what she thinks is right, and manipulating young Emmett is going that route. It is quite obvious at this point that if you don't think she blew up the speakeasy way back when, you need to play that episode again.

While the Tannen family is a staple in being the main villains in the BTTF series, Edna is more so due to her undermining the Tannens and then taking advantage of Emmett when the winds of fate change. We see that in Three and early Four and evidence of what is to come later in Four. What she will due in Five with FCB giving her information, remains to be seen.

Time is a really strange beast to be sure. Tannen is not going to be involved in this last episode to be sure, so you have a pick between Edna and FCB. Kinda hard to tell what will happen who becomes more villainous in the end. I would not be surprised if it is a combination of FCB and Edna. Then still, you will have to define what is their intentions and if they are truly villainous or just trying to do what is right.
  • edited May 2011
    It's worth noting that, we remember the Tannens as being main villains in the movies, but they were never really the primary antagonist. Time itself was.

With the exception of Part II, the third act was never a fight against a Tannen--that was taken care of earlier, and in Part I, it wasn't even Marty who took him down. The third act was a race against the clock, whether it's lightning for the flux capacitor or the speed of the train.
  • edited May 2011
    ...Marty.

There is some other works too like Final Fantasy Advance where basically main character thinks he is doing the right thing but ends up to be villain when viewed by "opposition".

Marty is messing up timeline even more badly, as he is too caring towards Doc, while not understanding that he must stop trying to travel. It is somewhat Doc's fault too not to stop even when he should but when situation arised that no more time travel needed as things are not so screwed up, Marty naturally must with his own stubbornness to try and save Doc no matter what variation it is.

Episode 4 obviously shows situation where Marty is made out as villain instead being hero because of his own actions related to messing up with timeline and not caring those other people on earth as long he can save Doc.
  • edited May 2011
    Marty is desperate, that doesnt make him a villain.
  • edited May 2011
    There is not any proof, in that being desperate does not provide the needs to be a villain.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't think either Marty or FC-Doc is a villain. They just have a massive conflict of interests.
  • edited May 2011
    I doubt edna will be the main villian
  • edited May 2011
    marty shows very little sympathy for what he does in episode 4
  • edited May 2011
    He really does do a lot of manipulating people's minds in that episode, doesn't he? I almost do expect for Edna and Trixie to call a temporary truce with each other, as they team up against Marty. Maybe, they recruit young Emmett and Artie to also help them. I do feel incredibly bad for young Emmett, and I don't blame him for having lashed out at Marty.
  • edited May 2011
    i doubt all of them will get together to kill marty. Artie still thinks marty is from the government
  • edited May 2011
    I don't see FCB as a villain. But I think he will be a threat in Episode5. I mean, his look on his face at the end..
  • edited May 2011
    Clord wrote: »
    ...Marty.

There is some other works too like Final Fantasy Advance where basically main character thinks he is doing the right thing but ends up to be villain when viewed by "opposition".

Marty is messing up timeline even more badly, as he is too caring towards Doc, while not understanding that he must stop trying to travel. It is somewhat Doc's fault too not to stop even when he should but when situation arised that no more time travel needed as things are not so screwed up, Marty naturally must with his own stubbornness to try and save Doc no matter what variation it is.

Episode 4 obviously shows situation where Marty is made out as villain instead being hero because of his own actions related to messing up with timeline and not caring those other people on earth as long he can save Doc.

But he is filled with regret when he is about to use that cloth eating stuff on emmet. I think he might help FCB improve edna's timeline, while putting the old timeline back on track.
  • edited May 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    marty shows very little sympathy for what he does in episode 4

Though he does show guilt.
  • edited May 2011
    My post is confusing as it was moved to this thread.

I meant what I deem as villain, not as main villain.
  • edited May 2011
    There really isnt a main villian. The only thing you can really label as villian is Time itself. its all about case and effect. With enough changing in the time line even tannen can be good, as we see in the movie.

The villian is time and the case and effect of events and what happens when you change stuff.
  • edited May 2011
    Biff seems pretty culprit. The entire FCB system of government was based around all the crap that Biff did. Basically Biff ruined it for everyone in every time stream, and he has to be stopped constantly, it just so happens that that time the solution became a problem of its own.
  • edited May 2011
    In every Timeline, Biff was a bad guy, in FCB's, in Kid's, in the original, in the almanach's Timeline, heck he even kill Georges by jealousy, and wants to kill Marty and Doc. He can't be save.

Edna in the "original" timeline(I can really say it's the original timeline, Marty changed it), is an old lady who had a bad life with cats, because of her actions, she thinks she's right, that she has to be a sort of police, I feel a little guilty and sad for her, like "Doc". In FCB's she's pure evil, because of science, she uses FCB's inventions for her own benefits, but I am sad because young Edna doesn't deserve this, FCB lost her somewhere in his life, and he isn't totally wrong when he wants to save her.

She could be save and be happy, but you can't play god to save one life, our Doc was sorry, but he couldn't do anything, FCB isn't completly right here, even if he isn't completly wrong.

The Tannen fam'ly can't be save, Edna could be.
  • edited May 2011
    Time itself is the villain. We have to kill time.
  • edited May 2011
    It wouldn't be Edna, I think, because she seems like the obvious choice now and Telltale never would make the obvious person the main villian. It must be someone we would LEAST expect to do the dirty work, my money's on Einstien!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.