An unofficial part 4?

I was thinking the other day of a project I would like to try out. Has anyone ever heard of fan edits? It's where fans take a movie and take out certain parts, add parts or with one I read up on with BTTF http://fanedit.org/11386/

What I am getting at is that I think it would be a good idea that once all episodes are released I could take footage of all 5 episodes and do tons of editing to make it seem like an unofficial Back To The Future part 4 animated sequel. I took a lot of classes that revolve around filming and editing. I am hoping that telltale and universal won't have any problems against my idea.

Would anyone else be interested in this sort of project

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yes. You can watch something loosely similar in the form of people's let's plays on youtube, but it might be kinda cool if someone put together the footage in a more planned way.

Off the top of my head, this would involve carefully controlling Marty to walk only in ways that make perfect sense for the moment (including taking a pause to think when he'd need to in-character, or turning and walking in a specific direction at a given time, that kind of stuff). Also making sure that the cursor was not displayed on-screen (you'd need to use a recording program that hides it automatically).

Besides that, it would mostly involve making sure you don't skip any important parts, and that you get all of the neat little jokes in there- all the little stuff like the "real shark" sign, and so on.

Alternatively you could try to compress it into something more feature-length... but honestly that'd be kind of disappointing, I'd wanna see all the neat little bits, personally. They make it what it is, in a lot of ways.

As for whether Telltale approves, I don't know, but that's a good question and I hope you get an answer.

...if you want to go for extra silly points, you could try to edit this in, but I'm not sure if it's such a good idea. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgRrM-gsE38
  • edited May 2011
    If you end up doing that, I do think you should be certain to go through all the dialogue trees.

For instance, in Episode Four, when CB-Doc asks Marty how Edna turns out in the future - first have Marty lie to him, then have Marty insist that CB-Doc shouldn't know, then have him finally tell CB-Doc the truth.

Of course, also be careful to not have Marty keep running into Trixie.
  • edited May 2011
    Ahhh fanedits, you may want to look my user name up on that site ;)

Computer game edits have been done before, where game footage and cut scenes have been integrated to tell the whole story of a game, I can't remember their names off hand but I'm sure two have been done but they were star wars games.

if you have a mooch around the forum there you should be able to find the edits.
  • edited May 2011
    I'd be in favour of using the "Harry Callahan" alias - since that one references Clint Eastwood, the actor who played him.
  • edited May 2011
    Well once all the games are released i'll gather all the footage of the games and see what I can cook up. This will be a perfect summer project.
  • aren't they eventually releasing a DVD? I'd imagine that would be easier to make it off of.
  • edited May 2011
    i doubt it would work
Sign in to comment in this discussion.