Would TellTaleGames allow me to create a fan game?

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
I already have the story, but I think I can do the game like that, right? :D

A lot of people tried to create Monkey Island fangames, but no one tried to create a Sam & Max fangame. :confused:

Comments

• edited May 2011
    So long as you don't charge people to play the game and credit the correct people (like Steve Purcell) for the characters and world, then it should be fine.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, sorry, I never saw this site, I'm french, and there's no french fan games, I didn't know that before, thanks.:(

My game would be in french and in english. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Theres a bunch of us forumites currently already working on a sam and max fan game. TTG gave us permission to make it. If you want you can join in and help us out. http://samandmaxfangame.proboards.com/
  • edited May 2011
    Eh, thanks, good idea, but I'm can't draw, I find the scenario and I find people to do the rest of the job in general, I'm tryin' to do a Monkey Island 1.5 too. ^^
  • edited May 2011
    So long as you don't make any money off of it and make it clear that it's a fanwork and credit Steve Purcell for creating Sam and Max, you should be fine.
  • edited May 2011
    'kay, thank's ev'ryone, i'll be back soon with the entire scenario to find some drawers.:D
  • edited May 2011
    I love drawing! I have some art but I can't do pixel work which is what I'm assuming the fan game would be?

I could do storyboard work and character designs though if you need it.
  • edited May 2011
    i could voice act
  • edited May 2011
    Agreed. I can't do pixel art, but I would love to participate in a fan-game if you're thinking of creating one. I would try to go for it! There hasn't been such thing as a Sam and Max fan-game, so this is really exciting! If you want, I could possibly do some artwork for the fan-game *like cover artwork and logo designing if you want*, so post back when you got a good idea! :D
  • edited May 2011
    I do a passable Sam voice. Just saying.
  • edited May 2011
    There are AFAIK atleast 2 fangames being developed (both that I know of have gotten the green light from TTG). I'd suggest you jump on board one of those, but if you want to do your own thing, it's clear TellTale doesnt really mind.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.