Status of the Show

edited December 2011 in Law and Order: Legacies
TV by the Numbers now has it as cancelled. Does this mean the game would be cancelled as well.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Yeah, and support for this game is rather low amongst Telltale fans.

I mean, I think it could be fun to play, but it still should be the original L&O.
  • edited May 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    TV by the Numbers now has it as cancelled. Does this mean the game would be cancelled as well.

The show was cancled way before the game was announced. I think the game is an attempt to bring new life into the series which is why they didn't pick SVU which is doing fine :p
  • edited May 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    The show was cancled way before the game was announced. I think the game is an attempt to bring new life into the series which is why they didn't pick SVU which is doing fine :p

Not officially. It still isn't official, but it's all but confirmed now.
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe the reason they're making the game is so they can have THAT instead of a proper season 2... I mean, a game seems like an easier and cheaper way of continuing the story than a 22 episode season...
  • edited May 2011
    And the L&O games I've previously played have been pretty good. I just hope this one will be longer or have multiple cases.
  • edited May 2011
    It's officially done now. Any chance if TTG could pop in and say if their plans for the game will be realized?
  • edited May 2011
    Ouch, Cancelled, now perhaps TellTale will have some free time on their hands.
  • edited May 2011
    With the game deal already done, Telltale could actually have a legal leg to stand on. This might even go to court.
  • edited May 2011
    Its just the show thats cancled not the game.
  • edited May 2011
    I think the original Law & Order would work better because it's more known, and more broad to the franchise as a whole than just Los Angeles.
  • edited May 2011
    Odds are the cancellation was being planned before NBC even gave the license to Telltale.

This might affect the game's future, but don't take it as proof of anything.

I do think it might be for the best if Telltale called the game off, though. Most people (me included) aren't really interested in the idea of a Law and Order game, and the show being cancelled certainly won't help matters.
  • edited May 2011
    I agree, I for one am not looking forward to this game or even care about it, most people I've seen post about usually say they don't give a crap or wish it could have been the main Law & Order, and now that's it cancelled due to low low ratings, I doubt there's even a cult following behind it such as other shows like FireFly.

Either way, this project just seems like a waste of TellTale's time that could be spent on one of the many other projects they're doing. Or releasing a Sam & Max Season 3 Soundtrack.
  • edited May 2011
    This is the only new TTG release I care about. I would rather the main one or SVU but I watched LA episodes and enjoyed it and would love to play a game of it.
  • edited May 2011
    Well, TTG, maybe you could rework it to have a new thing set in the same unvierse as Serenity.... pretty please?
  • edited November 2011
    Without the show, the game has no point
  • edited November 2011
    I get the feeling that coolsome and I are the only two people here who actually hope to be able to play this game someday. :(
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    mjc0961 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that coolsome and I are the only two people here who actually hope to be able to play this game someday. :(

Hey, me too! I love Law & Order! In fact, if I crane my neck the right way, I can actually see down the office and watch people working on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what I've seen looks awesome, and I can't wait to play it :D
  • edited November 2011
    Hey, me too! I love Law & Order! In fact, if I crane my neck the right way, I can actually see down the office and watch people working on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what I've seen looks awesome, and I can't wait to play it :D

You couldn't take a secret pic of it could you.;)
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    You couldn't take a secret pic of it could you.;)

Objection! Calls for speculation. ;)
  • edited December 2011

Cool! Glad to hear that it's being worked on still. :D
    Objection! Calls for speculation. ;)
    Overruled!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we can just hope the game is as excellent a simulation of trial life as 'I Wonder What Happens in... The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood'. I can quote the entire thing by heart.

'I'm sorry, Your Majesty!'
    'Your honor!'
    'Oh no, call me Stan!'
Sign in to comment in this discussion.