Stuff that happened to you that reminds you of Back to the Future

edited September 2011 in Back to the Future
I talked with a friend about the game earlier, and I ended up telling him about what a scene in it really reminded me of.
It made me wonder, does anybody else here have any storys they want to share about a moment that really reminded them of the movies or the game?

The one that came to mind earlier was about Doc's rocket car crashing into a billboard in Episode 2.

When I was a kid I removed the rockets of 2 fireworks and glued them under the wings of a model airplane.
I held the plane in place, put the engine to full, lit the fuses, let go and made it lift off.
Then the rockets ignited, and well things got a little out of control...

The plane ended up crashing into a car's windshield. :o

Comments

• edited May 2011
    When I was a kid I slipped and banged my head on a toilet seat although, rather than an image in my head of a device for traveling through time I got a concussion and a trip to the emergency room.
  • edited May 2011
    Ouch, sucks when something like that happens.
    Although for the chance of getting a flux capacitor it might be worth it. :p

It's probably pretty weird that BttF is on my mind so often, but it never fails to cheer me up.

About mounth ago I was speeding through the woods on my motorbike, and I took a corner too fast, next thing I know I wake up sitting on the ground leaned up on a car with some guy asking if im alright.
    First thing I thought was, "Why cant I wake up in Lorraine's bed...!" :D

Is that creepy? haha
  • edited September 2011
    I too hit my hit my head on the bathroom sink, I got a quick flash and instantly thought of DOC.

I got electricuted once by unpluging a 1960s record player where the extension cord met the orginal much older plug, different design to them and easyier to grip the prongs...which happened.. thought of the clock tower seen. (and will also always unplug something from the wall 1st!)

I also say "precisly on schdele" everytime i get out of my car.. (like when doc was intercepting marty jr.) IDK why i do this, something about it stuck with me and I'm never late to anything so it fits!
  • edited September 2011
    One time I was at a music store and I saw a kid trying out a guitar. From a distance, he looked a lot like me when I was younger. I thought something like "how cool would it be if that was me from the past... but I don't remember doing any time travel". When I took a closer look he didn't look that much like me :rolleyes:.
  • edited September 2011
    So you do make it back in time and you do have the ability to change things... is there anything that you would change in your past?
  • edited September 2011
    I somehow got the nickname McFly at the school I go to... and on different forums.. I don't know why... I look nothing like him, act nothing like him, and I don't even talk about the movies or anything. So I don't know why I'm constantly called Marty, Mcfly, or Marty McFly.
    Does that count though?
  • edited September 2011
    We were playing a game of DnD and somehow got transported back in time 3 months. We realized that we had doubles and some of us began to wonder what would happen if our past selves were to die, and we used the phrasing(outside of the game): "If we kill them, will we McFly out?"
  • edited September 2011
    I had to go back 30 years and accidentally stopped my parents from falling in love, but I fixed it.
  • edited September 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I had to go back 30 years and accidentally stopped my parents from falling in love, but I fixed it.

Oh, I love this game!

So you're a kid that time travels, meddles with things in the past and then has to fix them...

Are you Phil of the Future?
  • edited September 2011
    My starter in my car is messed up and you have to lift and turn and jiggle the wheel (it's not a Ferrari, if you had to ask)...

When anyone gets in they can't start it, but one guy trying to fix my radiator got it the first try and I said:

"How do you know how to do that? Nobody can start this car but me."

I imagine he thought, "How do you start a car??" Which made me feel like a butt-head. Which is what OldBiff calls YoungBiff...

That's my Back To The Future moment...
  • edited September 2011
    A while back, one of my co-workers was late getting back from lunch, so without thinking about it, I muttered, "Damn, where is that kid?!"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.