Is Wikipedia accurate?

edited May 2011 in Kings Quest Game
The wikipedia page for King's Quest claims that the game will be called "Kingdom of Sorrow" and take place before the events of the original King's Quest, featuring Sir Graham's adventures before he got the crown.

There's no citation and I haven't seen anything from TTG about this. Add in the fact that there's already a book called "Kingdom of Sorrow" and it makes me a bit suspicious. Does anybody knows anything that can confirm or deny this?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Possible confusion with IA's project?
  • edited May 2011
    wilco64256 wrote: »
    Possible confusion with IA's project?

Didn't know IA had that project. That seems exceedingly likely, with perhaps a bit of TTG's irritatingly vague "reboot" statement supplying the "prequel" aspect.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow

King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow is the current working title of the first official KQ game planned for release by Telltale Games in 2011. It is intended to be a 3D adventure which retells the story of young Graham before he became king of Daventry, and is therefore a prequel to the existing series. It is expected to consist of four episodes, the first of which is intended for release in October 2011.

I don't think I've read this info anywhere. Sequel? 2011? October? Also, FOUR episodes? Where did that information come from?

Until a definite source is found - and the "references" are interestingly entirely lacking from the quoted part - I'd say treat this as pure rumour with a 90% chance of being absolute rubbish. Wait for E3 and see...
  • edited May 2011
    Hah. Completely incorrect.
  • edited May 2011
    I've edited the page now, since I've become more and more convinced that whoever wrote that was sorely mistaken. Now it just says they're working on a KQ game to be released late this year.
  • edited May 2011
    Rubbish indeed! Lol
  • edited May 2011
    Poisonous misinformation. :eek:
  • edited May 2011
    That's all crap. We don't know anything about Telltale's King's Quest except it exists.

Also, I'm guessing it'll be a 2012 release. Telltale's pretty booked for 2011 already.
  • edited May 2011
    it'll be a 2012 release. Telltale's pretty booked for 2011 already.

I better go add that to the wikipedia entry!

Thats the problem with the internet. People speculatate and then someone reads/misreads and think it is good info.
  • edited May 2011
    That's all crap. We don't know anything about Telltale's King's Quest except it exists.

Also, I'm guessing it'll be a 2012 release. Telltale's pretty booked for 2011 already.

I thought when TTG announced King's Quest, they said it was part of their 2011 lineup. I might try to track down that tweet.

Edit: Tracked it down, and I was mistaken, they just say that it's "in the pipeline."
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Thanks. The internet is a better place now. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    I'm hoping we get a bit more info about King's Quest at E3
  • edited May 2011
    Is at least a 2011 announcement. IF it comes out this year, gets pushed into next year, who knows? Any specific date is tricky I think. We don't even know anything about the team developing it. Not even any concept art yet!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.