First season for mac one day ?

edited January 2012 in Sam & Max
hello,

am an old school player and enjoyed playing the first season on xbla...but well it's a computer game, even if, the control were fine...i see you're making a complete 3 seasons pack, is the first one included for mac or not at all ? (yes i bought a macbook pro previous i7 generation...)
thanks for your answer and crossing my fingers at the same time.
vincent

Comments

• edited May 2011
    season 1 is not available for mac, although seasons 2 and 3 are available for mac
  • edited May 2011
    that's why i asked one day...do telltale plan to make it one day ?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Telltale's original plan was to bring Sam & Max, Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit to Mac before the end of 2010.
    However, they got pretty busy (with The Devil's Playhouse, Puzzle Agent, Poker Night at the Inventory, The Adventure Bundle, the beginning of Back to the Future, getting started on Jurassic Park,...) and have only released the Mac versions of Sam & Max's second season and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People since the announcement.
    I don't think they've given up on releasing the other games for Mac but, if anything, they're even busier in 2011 (with more Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Puzzle Agent 2, Hector and all the other games they've announced since February that might not be released this year, but on which they're surely already working).
    If you're in a hurry to play Sam & Max's first season on your Mac, there are always alternative solutions, like playing the PC version in Bootcamp, Parallels, VMware Fusion or CrossOver Games (the only one I've actually tried and the only one which doesn't require a Windows installation).
  • edited June 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    If you're in a hurry to play Sam & Max's first season on your Mac, there are always alternative solutions, like playing the PC version in Bootcamp, Parallels, VMware Fusion or CrossOver Games (the only one I've actually tried and the only one which doesn't require a Windows installation).

Or wine itself, the open source (free) software on which the commercial (paid) CrossOver is based. I played Wallace and Gromit on Mac OS X using wine, but I had trouble with Sam & Max Season 1. Another option is to buy the games through Steam and use Steam (PC).app. Episode 104, which is free (which is why I tried it), ran just fine, so I would think the other episodes of Season 1 would work, too. Of course, there's no guarantee.

In any event, these solutions are not going to be palatable for all Mac users. So Telltale should make good on its promise and finish Mac development of the remaining games.
  • edited September 2011
    Any updates? I bought the complete series on Steam. These games are perfect for my not so powerful Air, and I'd love to be able to play them all natively
  • edited October 2011
    I would love season 1 to come to mac because I bought all 3 seasons on steam and I downloaded season 1 on my PC which meets the requirements but is 10 years old and is completely shot so the game crashes.
  • edited October 2011
    Honestly I have trouble seeing it being ported to Mac considering all the games they have coming up, It could happen but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time too soon
  • edited January 2012
    Shame. I played the first couple of episodes when I was still on a PC, but missed the ending when I changed to Mac.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.