E3 2011: Exclusive Developer Diary HD (ep 5 spoilers)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-back-to-the/714558

Goes a tiny bit more in depth about MJF cameo. Also at the end it says out June 23rd instead of the June 21st GTTV said.

Comments

• Thanks for posting. Only one more extra clip of episode 5 that wasn't in the Spike TV episode (showing a house) but interesting nonetheless.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, looks like we get regular Doc back at some point in the episode that doesn't seem like the end of the episode.

I really like how they're saying that the ending is somewhat like the first movie. That way there's possibility for a season 2 if they decide to continue it.
  • edited June 2011
    Yea. That comment from Bob Gale really does make me interested in how it ends. I have to say as the games have gone on I really have started to be a lot more open to future seasons where as I really wasn't at the beginning.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes when Bob Gale says...wow :O
    you know you're going to be blown away.
  • edited June 2011
    I have a feeling that the MJF cameo will represent a passing of the torch kinda thing. At least we now have a definite date of June 23rd.
  • edited June 2011
    Yup I think it does too. I would have loved to have been there to see the recording session. Also it was confirmed via TellTale's twitter. So mark your calendar folks. June 23rd.
  • I have a feeling that the MJF cameo will represent a passing of the torch kinda thing. At least we now have a definite date of June 23rd.

So that means each of the 5 episodes will have come out on a different day of the week.
    Well, looks like we get regular Doc back at some point in the episode that doesn't seem like the end of the episode.

I really like how they're saying that the ending is somewhat like the first movie. That way there's possibility for a season 2 if they decide to continue it.

I predicted this a while ago but this is by far the best way to go; obviously it would be silly to nix any possibility of a sequel (which is impossible anyhow. Even if they killed a main character, they have a time machine and the time machine has already been destroyed before so they'd have to die in the time machine) but it would also not be cool to have an unresolved cliffhanger ie. the way part II ended, could you imagine had that been the final movie (and obviously they knew part III was happening). Having a hybrid ending/cliffhanger similar to parts I and III implying more adventures to come for the charactersthat may or may not be shown.

I'll gladly bring on a season 2. In fact I've already purchased the game for PC but assuming episode 5 is good, I'll give telltale more of my money and purchase it for playstation 3.
  • edited June 2011
    They knew Part III was happening because Part II and Part III were originally one movie called "Paradox." They eventually split it into two movies and just titled them after the first.

Indeed filming was back to back, with no real break whatsoever.
  • edited June 2011
    Reaction 1: GOD DAMN IT, almost a whole month to wait until the last episode x.x

Reaction 2: Wait, that's the day after my exams finish.

Reaction 3: This may work out well.
  • edited June 2011
    To be honest, I really don't like the idea of Michael J. Fox voicing a character if its just a quick scene. He needs to play importance to the plot. Also, if that video is showing final voices, the voice doesn't match the character, and I'm not trying to be mean here but Michael's voice (and really the rest of him too) isn't really in a place to be doing any acting, voice or otherwise.
  • edited June 2011
    To be honest, I really don't like the idea of Michael J. Fox voicing a character if its just a quick scene. He needs to play importance to the plot. Also, if that video is showing final voices, the voice doesn't match the character, and I'm not trying to be mean here but Michael's voice (and really the rest of him too) isn't really in a place to be doing any acting, voice or otherwise.

I don't know how I feel about it honestly.

Edit: Yes I do. It's nice to have him in it..but..I can agree to what your saying too.
  • edited June 2011
    I wish I were as excited as the team...
  • edited June 2011

yeah i actually said the same thing about getting doc back not sure if anyone saw my post but yeah i caught that part from Bob too.. and i like that he said that... that means the possibilities are endless... did u notice how they plugged in that they wanted to make sure "We" as the forum group were happy? lol i thought that was great... anyway thanks for upping this here as well as facebook bro
  • edited June 2011
    July 23rd :( 20 days i have to wait oh well

Bob gale made a really funny face at one point, it looked like he was angry at the cameraman lol. :D :D :D
  • edited June 2011
    That concept art was pretty interesting. Some kind of diving bell thingy in a tank and '70s-looking room.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow, that scene with "Michael J. Fox" is a pretty big spoiler isn't it?

We see our Doc Brown again and in that small scene when MJF is driving up to Marty and Doc you can see a DeLorean wreckage next to Doc.

So we do encounter another DeLorean duplicate.
  • To be honest, I really don't like the idea of Michael J. Fox voicing a character if its just a quick scene. He needs to play importance to the plot. Also, if that video is showing final voices, the voice doesn't match the character, and I'm not trying to be mean here but Michael's voice (and really the rest of him too) isn't really in a place to be doing any acting, voice or otherwise.

Here's another downside to it: AJ is essentially portraying Michael J Fox portraying Marty McFly. Having MJF voice a character kind of breaks this illusion does it not? And you can tell from the clip that their voices are different (though AJ is playing a teenager and MJF an old man).

Another spoiler is that from the clip it appears that scene is another point in the past. I guess it could still be 1931 or could be a future where things get rewound. The car MJF is driving looks like an old station wagon.
  • edited June 2011
    Another spoiler is that from the clip it appears that scene is another point in the past. I guess it could still be 1931 or could be a future where things get rewound. The car MJF is driving looks like an old station wagon.
    My grandfather drives a car that looks older than that. xD
  • edited June 2011

Well i looked at the scene that MJF's Character is in judging by the area, vehicle, and the Character i think that its early 1910 and i think that MJF is Voicing William Mcfly cause if you remember the Scene in BTTF:3 where Doc showed Marty the Photo of William Mcfly and Family when Marty points at the picture of William didnt he look like MJF unhuh see were im getting at :D

And i looked at the Delorean there was only one good shot of it and its possible that its another Duplicate i have a interesting theory as to what might happen in OUTATIME but i think im gonna post it in the Predictions Thread
  • edited June 2011
    Ichijo wrote: »
    Well i looked at the scene that MJF's Character is in judging by the area, vehicle, and the Character i think that its early 1910 and i think that MJF is Voicing William Mcfly

William McFly would have been 25 in 1910. The character is clearly a lot older than that. They're probably still in 1931, which would make the character 46.
  • edited June 2011
    It's oldman Peabody!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    It's oldman Peabody!!!!

Hmmmm....you know, that's not a crazy theory.
  • edited June 2011
    Hmmmm....you know, that's not a crazy theory.

here is what i posted on the other thread about predictions

I'm pasting what someone said on the telltale games comments section of the "that's a wrap" video of the behind the scenes footage

"I figured out who it is: the nutcase farmer from the first film who tries to shoot Marty McFly after he mutates into human form. I say this because based on his "farmerly" appearance in the preview video, it is the most conceivable individual, and given that they are stranded in the middle of nowhere from Hill Valley, which is technicaly where the Pine Trees farm was in the first film in 1955. I'd be damned if i'm wrong, but we'll see......
    Comment by Nickolas June 3, 2011, 12:13 pm

Old Man Peabody
    Comment by Nickolas June 3, 2011, 12:14 pm

I AM SOOOOOO DAMN' HAPPY to know that Michael J. Fox will be a voice actor in this episode! This is an awesome newz!

Now I'm excited!

Still, you're sayin' that Peabody could be voiced by MJF...? Get ouuuut!
    Even the possibility that the man in the truck is Peabody sounds like bullshit to me.
    Don't you recognize the face of Marty? The smile, the eyes, the red cheeks...

If MJF had to voice a character in BTTF : the game, it would obviously be a Mc Fly.

What about 47 years old Marty, if the game makes us go in 2015?
    Seamus or William Mc Fly could be possible too, and it would be SO awesome (if it was Seamus) that he recognize Marty like "duuuude, Clint Eastwood, is that you?!? O_O"

But no, I think it's most likely William McFly.
    Comment by Arakara June 3, 2011, 1:01 pm "

All these sound like plausible predictions if you ask me, and they do keep talking about it represents something tied into the first movie... so maybe it was old man peabody in that truck, who knows!

this is some interesting points these people are to credit, because i never would have thought of that
  • edited June 2011
    The ending's probably gonna involve Marty echoing Doc's line at the end of the first movie about his kids, mentioning how they've got to go back and make sure things happen the way they did the nth time around.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm betting MJF is probably playing Artie's father/Shamus' son that was a baby in BTTF III.
  • edited June 2011
    maybe.. i'm still thinking of what the other people said on facebook... oldman peabody... it could happen lol
  • edited June 2011
    William McFly would have been 25 in 1910. The character is clearly a lot older than that. They're probably still in 1931, which would make the character 46.

Well i took a second look and get your point but he would actually be about in his 30's not his forties But i do Believe thats William Mcfly
  • edited June 2011
    Ichijo wrote: »
    Well i took a second look and get your point but he would actually be about in his 30's not his forties But i do Believe thats William Mcfly

Thirties? With that grey hair and crow's feet?
  • edited June 2011
    Thirties? With that grey hair and crow's feet?

Point taken Shadowknight1 but if that is William Mcfly maybe we are seeing him between 1940-50 thats a rough guess
  • edited June 2011
    1931 - 1885 = 46.

He'd be 46 in 1931.
  • edited June 2011
    My guess it'd have to be after 1915, because of the Stop sign you can see at the house. Those were invented in 1915, if I remember correctly.
    Also, did anyone notice Marty sounded scared in that scene? When he tells Doc/FCB "did we just leave Hill Valley?"
    I'm guessing they're in the future, and everything went wrong.
  • edited June 2011
    Mino_Dan wrote: »
    Wow, that scene with "Michael J. Fox" is a pretty big spoiler isn't it?

We see our Doc Brown again and in that small scene when MJF is driving up to Marty and Doc you can see a DeLorean wreckage next to Doc.

So we do encounter another DeLorean duplicate.

Whoa! I actually never noticed that before! I just watched the video clip again, and I saw it! It seems like it doesn't have a Mr. Fusion, so perhaps a duplicate BTTF1 DeLorean?

At least we know we will get old Doc back eventually!
  • edited June 2011
    In the first episode of the game, Doc mentions going to visit Marty and Jennifer in 2011. Guess who would work quite well to voice that role?
  • edited June 2011
    It sure sounds like there is a possibility for a season 2 :D
  • edited June 2011
    QuiGonJ wrote: »
    In the first episode of the game, Doc mentions going to visit Marty and Jennifer in 2011. Guess who would work quite well to voice that role?
    Gilbert Gottfried! Of course!
  • edited June 2011
    Gilbert Gottfried! Of course!

Oh man, I was totally thinking Eric Stoltz would be perfect
  • edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »
    Oh man, I was totally thinking Eric Stoltz would be perfect

Cartman?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.