Worst episodes

What do you guys think is the worst monkey island episode. I vote 1 and 5.

The reason I vote 1 is because the statements you click aren't the ones that is actually said. Fortunately they fixed this later on. I don't think any monkey island game has that issue. They always say what you click except in special situations.

I voted 5 because it felt weird. Guybrush is all gloomy and everyone's sad.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    3. Because I just didn't like the setting. But it's by no means a "bad" episode, just one that I don't like as much. Got better when I got back to the boat though.
  • edited June 2011
    1, because they got better with each chapter. Though 1 was still a great chapter.

Oh and it's chapters not episodes for ToMI, TellTale decided to be more traditional with it (not that it really matters if you call them ep's though).

Chapter 3 is Lair of the Leviathan
    Chapter 5 is Rise of the Pirate God

Just thought I'd tell you cos there un-named on the poll list.
    Hee Ho Ho wrote: »
    The reason I vote 1 is because the statements you click aren't the ones that is actually said.

They didn't fix it, it was intentional. It also happens from time to time in MI1, MI2, CMI and EMI, it's to show you funny lines that Guybrush is thinking, but would get in trouble to say. It's just for fun and it only happens twice (IIRC) so I have no problem with it personally.
    I voted 5 because it felt weird. Guybrush is all gloomy and everyone's sad.

That's true, but I feel it was right for the end of the game, and they still had lots of jokes in there. In fact the only thing that bugged me about chapter 5 was not being able to walk around in the final battle with LeChuck, though I can understand why they did it that way.

Btw, not saying your opinions wrong (cos you know, it's your opinion so that's impossible), I'm just explaining why I didn't have a problem with those chapters really :)
  • edited June 2011
    I can't vote. I should to say episode 1 (for the same reason of Grojak), but I've a lot of good memories about that episode. :)
  • edited June 2011
    siege of spinner cay because i though it had nothing to do with the adventure at hand
  • edited June 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    siege of spinner cay because i though it had nothing to do with the adventure at hand

Gotta disagree there. Without the Spinner Cay artefacts Guybrush could never have even found La Esponge Grande much less stopped the Pox and eventually LeChuck.
  • edited June 2011
    Grojak wrote: »
    Gotta disagree there. Without the Spinner Cay artefacts Guybrush could never have even found La Esponge Grande much less stopped the Pox and eventually LeChuck.

And he would never know the secret of Donkey Island.
  • edited June 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »

No, it was the *leech* of Spinner Cay that had nothing to do with anything... :D
  • edited June 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    And he would never know the secret of Donkey Island.

lol, very true... though he'd probably be happier if he didn't know :P
    No, it was the *leech* of Spinner Cay that had nothing to do with anything... :D

Ahh, good old IWWH... memories. *drifts off into the past*
  • edited June 2011
    someone modified the poll. how dare they!!! :p i couldn't think of the names at the time. thanks,

@Grojak

i agree the parts that were not click-->said were they funny parts and that's what i mean by "special situations". chapter 1 is rediculous in the fact that it's not funny and reduces the quality of the episode/chapter quite a lot in my opinion. although every chapter is great. :)

@NoOneInParticular :)

my favourite chapter is siege of spinner cay. it's just sooo wierd in a good way with merpeople. it feels right cos it's a pirate adventure. pirates of the carribean 4 has merpeople. sinbad cartoon by dreamworks has merpeople (i love sinbad cartoon regardless of bad reviews). chapter 2 just has it's monkey island twist to the merfolk. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Grammar-wise, I would say that "The Siege of Spinner Cay" is the worst because of too many typos in the subtitles, making it a wanton cruelty to the common comma.
  • edited June 2011
    That reminds me. I hate the way they record the voice. They make it bad quality for elaine. Didn't the people at the recording studio notice distorton? Or was it messed up during the adding of audio in the game?

Did you know pixar was actually created by lucasarts? I really like pixar. I just hope telltale can make a big leap and be like pixar. :)
  • edited June 2011
    That reminds me. I hate the way they record the voice. They make it bad quality for elaine. Didn't the people at the recording studio notice distorton? Or was it messed up during the adding of audio in the game?

Did you know pixar was actually created by lucasarts? I really like pixar. I just hope telltale can make a big leap and be like pixar. :)

They made a patch to fix it on chapter 2.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok but it wasn't just chapter 2 was it. I can't remember but it was all elaine parts when she is poxed isn't it?
  • edited June 2011
    Ok but it wasn't just chapter 2 was it. I can't remember but it was all elaine parts when she is poxed isn't it?

I dunno I only noticed it bad on Chapter 2 by the water fall.
  • edited June 2011
    This is probably because Alexandra Boyd recorded her voice in the UK and sent the sound files to Telltale. (She explained it in the Tales of Monkey Island Blog interview.) I never noticed anything wrong with the voice, though, but this is probably because I played after it was fixed.
  • edited June 2011
    wasn't there also something about lechuck or elaine being voiced by two people?

edit: nobody has an issue with chapter 4. that's good. the only thing about that chapter for me is that it is the only buggy episode. i have the jail bug. automatically get transported to jail. there is a save game fix and a game update i believe so i'm not too bothered.
  • edited June 2011
    Lechuck was voiced by another person in the first episode, but they later redubbed it.

I didn't like the setting of number 3, but on the other hand it was perhaps the funniest. It's either number 1 or 3 that I think is the worst. Number one was very forgettable because I can't remember anything from it. Many people dislike number two, but I likd the setting and the golden turtle puzzle was very well designed.
  • edited June 2011
    Grojak wrote: »
    Ahh, good old IWWH... memories. *drifts off into the past*

Those truly were the days :)... I want them back :(.
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    Grammar-wise, I would say that "The Siege of Spinner Cay" is the worst[...]

"Burry" :D.
    wasn't there also something about lechuck or elaine being voiced by two people?
    jadetermeg wrote: »
    Lechuck was voiced by another person in the first episode, but they later redubbed it.

Adam Harrington was the original voice-over for LeChuck in Episode 1. Earl Boen voiced him in Episode 4, 5 and the re-dub of Episode 1 (he's also the voice-over for LeChuck in all of the other games in the franchise).
    jadetermeg wrote: »
    Number one was very forgettable because I can't remember anything from it.

That doesn't make it forgettable for everyone. I actually remember a lot from '...Narwhal'. In fact, it has two of the most memorable puzzles I've ever experienced in an adventure game: firstly, the clothesline puzzle (where you blast Winslow off of the ship) - I thought that it was simple, but ingenious. Secondly, there was the puzzle in which you had to escape DeSinge's lab using nothing but the moving chair and your feet - I thought it was terrific, well-designed, and I felt a sense of achievement upon solving it.

Put it wasn't only the puzzles that I found memorable; I also remember a ton of the dialogue lines from it, such as the "When was that, about 10 minutes ago?", "Like a toilet!", "Actually, it's a very BIG rash!", "Like a volcano!" lines, among many others, which I shan't go into for the sake of keeping this short.

I remember the majority of this episode's content, I think, from the puzzles, to the dialogue, to the basic plot, to the items, etc. In fact, '...Narwhal' may very well be the most memorable episode for me. Whether that's due to the quality of the episode, or the fact that I savoured it the most due to it being the first piece of new 'Monkey Island' content that I'd experienced in many years, I'm not too sure, but my point is that I found it quite a memorable episode, and that your failure to remember much of it doesn't necessarily make it a 'forgettable episode'.
  • edited June 2011
    One thing that I really do not like is the fact that nearly all the episodes have a major three part puzzle. I think that previous monkey islands had a three part puzzle element but takes of monkey island over does it.episode one its the leaving the island part.episode two is the three artifacts. Episode three is the vote. Episode four is the trial. I haven't replayed episode five so I don't know about that one. It seems too tedious to accomplish small things. I also noticed audio distortion in episodes one, two, maybe three. I'm playing on a laptop so the audio its very precise. It is also not limited to elaine.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.