Can't play without internet?

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
I don't know if anyone's posted about this before, but since I couldn't find anything I decided make a thread.
So here's the thing: A few days ago I forgot to pay my internet connection so they closed it. I thought "hey, it's ok, I can just play BTTF while I pay for it" but the game didn't work. All I got was a black screen and it didn't even show the episodes nor anything. At first I thought it was a problem with my computer, but I finally got my internet back and now the game works just fine.
So, do you actually need an internet connection to play the games? I thought once you bought them you could play anywhere you wanted, even if you went on vacation and had no internet

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Yeah this has been talked about before.
    Did you register the game first?
    That you do need the internet for but after that you are fine.
  • edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah this has been talked about before.
    Did you register the game first?
    That you do need the internet for but after that you are fine.
    This happens to me as well, try logging out close your browser then sight back in.
  • edited June 2011
    I don't think I have registered the game. Where do I do that?
    And I tried logging out and all but it never worked.
  • edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »
    I don't think I have registered the game. Where do I do that?
    And I tried logging out and all but it never worked.

When you start the game. It asks to log in or something with your telltale account.d
  • edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    When you start the game. It asks to log in or something with your telltale account.d

Oh yeah, then I did do that. I guess I DO need internet to play the game, which is really lame
  • edited June 2011
    You do need an internet connection intially when you first install it and it asks you to log in with your Telltale name and password, so that it can communicate with Telltale's website and confirm that your account owns the game. After the intial activation of the episode you do not need constant internet access to continue playing it.
  • edited June 2011
    Yea, this pisses me off to no end, telltale or any company that does this. I've bought a couple programs for my sister and her kids, they own a computer, but no internet due to the old house converted apartment they live in, and wireless internet prices are outrageous. So I had to bring their computer over to my house just so I could activate the game/s for them. ><
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »
    Oh yeah, then I did do that. I guess I DO need internet to play the game, which is really lame

You don't need internet access to play, just to activate (I've played BTTF with no internet connection).

Did you activate each episode, or just the first one? I think you need to do it for each one individually. And make sure you're using the episode shortcut/launcher specific to the episode you want to play.

If you've been playing an episode ok with internet on, try disconnecting and then launching that episode. It should work just the same.
  • edited June 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    You don't need internet access to play, just to activate (I've played BTTF with no internet connection).

Did you activate each episode, or just the first one? I think you need to do it for each one individually. And make sure you're using the episode shortcut/launcher specific to the episode you want to play.

If you've been playing an episode ok with internet on, try disconnecting and then launching that episode. It should work just the same.

Oh cool, let me check that out then. I just have the shortcut for the last episode, and from then I access each. Let me see how I can activate that
Sign in to comment in this discussion.