iOS 5 report

edited December 2011 in Back to the Future
Just a report to let you know BTTF episode 1 crashes after the splash screen, on iPad 2 with iOS 5.0 beta 1. You probably already know this, but just in case.

Yes, i know it's beta, just came out last week, and you guys are under no obligation to support it yet, but it sure would be nice.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    The current release of iOS 5 is intended for developers to get their software cleaned up and working by the time the OS itself is ready to be delivered to consumers. Any issues which turn out to be our end -- meaning, issues which aren't resolved by clean up on Apple's end in future iOS 5 betas -- we'll have addressed by that time.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    FWIW, most developers are reporting a lack of app compatibility going from 4.0 5.0, (source; marco arment's instapaper blog and twitter feed)
  • edited September 2011
    Are there any timelines for ios5 compatibility?

It looks like the beta is nearing stability, particularly for developers, so would be great to see your products updated to support this.

I am missing BTTF since upgrading my devices!

Regards

Matt
  • edited October 2011
    I just upgraded to Golden Master of iOS5 - and still cannot get to try out this awesome series of apps... with each beta I continually tried to get the game to play... now that it's GM - I expect the fault is within the app... do the dev's read these forums?
  • edited October 2011
    Hey guys! Just an update on this. We're totally aware of this and are working to have an update out soon so that Back to the Future will work on devices with iOS 5 installed. We're targeting to have the update out very soon after if not in time for the public release of iOS 5.

I'll update you guys here and on the blog when that does happen!
  • edited October 2011
    Hi,
    will you also be releasing an update for Puzzle Agent? I have the same problem with ios 5 GM. See my other posting here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26599
  • edited October 2011
    Adelheid wrote: »
    Hi,
    will you also be releasing an update for Puzzle Agent? I have the same problem with ios 5 GM. See my other posting here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26599

We're also aware of and working on an iOS 5 fix for the original Puzzle Agent. The fix for both of these games may not be available at the onset of iOS 5's public availability though.
  • edited October 2011
    I have this problem as well.
  • edited October 2011
    VerbalKint wrote: »
    I have this problem as well.

Give them time, they've been actively working on it and even just made a blog post about how they want to continue to push forward with mobile platforms. iOS 5 literally just dropped, and they said they hoped to have it sorted out shortly after public release.
  • edited October 2011
    We've submitted the updates for Back to the Future: The Game and they should be available to download in the next few days.

We're also working on an update for the original Puzzle Agent.

Of course, we'll keep you guys posted! :)
  • edited October 2011
    I know it was on Thursday but the gold beta was released prior to the final golden drop, off all the apps I have this is the only app which does not work.

I spent a lot to buy the series, please address ASAP.:(
  • edited October 2011
    K_man2001 wrote: »
    I know it was on Thursday but the gold beta was released prior to the final golden drop, off all the apps I have this is the only app which does not work.

I spent a lot to buy the series, please address ASAP.:(

Did you not see the post above you? That's not just a random user posting, he works for Telltale.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    Did you not see the post above you? That's not just a random user posting, he works for Telltale.

I paid for the product that gives me the right to bitch. I would gladly take a refund.

It has been a few days I still have no answer nor working copies, plus why do you feel a need to butt in? :mad:
  • edited October 2011
    No reply desired from you at any rate.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2011
    No need to be rude, jweir was just trying to be helpful and he's right (I don't care if you don't desire a reply from me either, you'll get it anyway :D).
    Alan Johnson (who works for Telltale) stated above that they submitted the Back to the Future updates to Apple (thereby addressing your issue faster than "ASAP").
    Now, it's up to Apple to make it available to their customers.
  • edited October 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    No need to be rude, jweir was just trying to be helpful and he's right (I don't care if you don't desire a reply from me either, you'll get it anyway :D).
    Alan Johnson (who works for Telltale) stated above that they submitted the Back to the Future updates to Apple (thereby addressing your issue faster than "ASAP").
    Now, it's up to Apple to make it available to their customers.

Sadly, rudeness seems to be the norm these days. Wonder if their parents realize how crass they are being in the basement?
  • edited October 2011
    I believe kman has a valid point. The iOS 5 developer version has been available for a while. This is a massive release and understandably many people will be upgrading for the improved features. Telltale games has had some time to test and fix their applications - and yet the applications are broken. Not just day of release of iOS5, but almost one week later. I see little in the way of official updates or information - I purchased puzzle agent yesterday - I didn't see the "doesnt work on iOS5" text, not sure if it was there and I missed it or it didn't go up until later. Either way its frustrating.

I'll obviously wait for the update and I dont want a refund - but given how many other applications have worked fine with iOS5 - its a shame that Telltale's games havent held up as well - especially given that mobile is an important platform for them.

I'm just thankful I havent spend 100+ dollars on telltale's ipad games (because I dont have an ipad) - otherwise I would be immeasurably more upset.

:(
  • edited October 2011
    Just wanted to let you guys know, the iOS 5 update for all five episodes of Back to the Future on iPad is now live! Go update your games now! Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • edited November 2011
    When will there be a fix for Puzzle Agent?!
  • edited December 2011
    Same here, unfortunately. I tried running Puzzle Agent HD Lite (to see if I like the game before purchasing the full version, obviously) and it fails almost instantly. I briefly see the title screen, then white screen and then I'm back at the device's home screen. iPad 2 with iOS 5.
  • edited December 2011
    HazeSpire wrote: »
    Same here, unfortunately. I tried running Puzzle Agent HD Lite (to see if I like the game before purchasing the full version, obviously) and it fails almost instantly. I briefly see the title screen, then white screen and then I'm back at the device's home screen. iPad 2 with iOS 5.
    You should really put these comments in the Puzzle Agent forum. They will most likely get missed here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.