wiki & Reality 2.0

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
On the wikipedia site of Reality 2.0:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max:_Reality_2.0

The plot is already described before the episode has come out. Is it a joke, or real?

Jaap

Comments

• edited April 2007
    It's already out on GameTap*, so it's probably real ;)

*Telltale and GameTap has an agreement that GameTap gets the game 2 weeks before it hits worldwide.
  • edited April 2007
    It may or may not be correct, you'll find out soon. :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    I didn't realize there were such in-depth / spoilery plots up on Wikipedia. Not sure how I feel about that... what do you guys think? Should the plots be described in such detail on Wikipedia?
  • edited April 2007
    It's Wikipedia, they have everything. :( In any case, I won't confirm or deny any of it. I could, but I wont. :p
  • edited April 2007
    They have spoiler warnings, so... whatever.

On the other hand, anyone can edit wikipedia, so if anyone on the Telltale team wanted to tweak it, they could.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Wikipedia doesn't much like it when people edit articles about themselves, especially to remove information.
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    I didn't realize there were such in-depth / spoilery plots up on Wikipedia. Not sure how I feel about that... what do you guys think? Should the plots be described in such detail on Wikipedia?

That's what one get when certain people are allowed to play a game sooner than others.

Sorry, but I just had to say it. I'll be quiet now ;)
  • edited April 2007
    I understand the telltale/gametap business relationship, but I have to agree with marsan on that comment.
  • edited April 2007
    I think it's great that Wikipedia has descriptions of plots. They're clearly marked with a spoiler warning, and extremely useful for reference. For instance, if someone's talking about a movie I haven't heard about and don't plan to see, I can check with Wikipedia to at least get an idea what they're on about. Likewise, I can check whether a game or movie is really for me if the reviews don't give solace, by glancing over the plot, even if just the beginning.
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, but Telltale didn't really have much choice but to partner up with Gametap. It wouldn't be doing as well without the partnership, whether we like it or not. There are some inconveniences and drawbacks though. :(

If Season 2 is also in partnership with Gametap, I think Telltale will now be in a much better negociating position since Season 1 did so well for Gametap. Maybe there only be a 3 day or 7 day difference between releases next season? : /
  • edited April 2007
    i think that season two sould be set like how they released episode 4,
    have it released two weeks early on gametap, and one week early for season holders, and then have the worldwide release for everyone else........... that is a very fair way to release the episodes, and everyone gets something for their support
  • edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i think that season two sould be set like how they released episode 4,
    have it released two weeks early on gametap, and one week early for season holders, and then have the worldwide release for everyone else........... that is a very fair way to release the episodes, and everyone gets something for their support

What is that for fair? I pay just as much hardearned dough for playing these episode as the gametap people pay(in fact, I pay more), so the fact that I shall get the episodes later are unfair no matter what way one puts it. It's especially discriminating since it is released in a place where only two countries have access to it. It's not like with a physical product, when you can just order it from overseas to make sure you still get it.

I know all about that game producers need sponsors and partners to be able to put out good stuff, but when the first season did so well, I think it's only fair that telltale games should go to the negotiation table with this main goal for the next season: same release date on gametap and telltale games. Of course gametap will be interested in negotiating to make sure such a money making machine as sam & max stays with them.This is one of my main goals for the next season at least. Because even though two weeks might seem so little, it's quite much when you are walking around and waiting for the next episode, and you hear that if you only lived in another country you could already have finished this episode.
  • edited April 2007
    Gametap is the Publisher of the season, so gamtap has the right to say release dates, what can sell it(when can it be sold to other people) that kind of thing. Telltale is the develover, meaning that all they do i design the game for publisher, this is a bit diffrent because of gametap->telltale and teltale's ablity's will be diffrent from normal games
  • edited April 2007

I dont feel anything anymore - Not since I got myself a full-body lamination anyway.
  • edited April 2007

I don't know, technically there isn't anything on there that hasn't been released to the public already. If someone looks there, they're probably looking for specifics anyway. Wikipedia editors usualy have plot spoiler warnings, most of the time anyway. :rolleyes:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.