Possible port for Wii or possibly 3DS?

Does anyone think it would be possible to port over the game to wii ware or even on the 3DS? We know Telltale has got an agreement with Sony but im sure it would be pretty cool to see it on a Nintendo platform.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    While it'd be cool to have it on the Wii, I'd rather see it on 3DS. Seeing the DeLorean and all that in 3D would be cool.
  • edited June 2011
    i agree with shadowknight also it would be better on 3ds because it would be less akward to play
  • edited June 2011
    I doubt Telltale will ever use WiiWare again. SBCG4AP and Tales of Monkey Island both had to be toned down to fit WiiWare's 40 MB size limit, and the WiiWare version of Puzzle Agent...wait, what WiiWare version? :p

I suppose a 3DS version could work, but I really, really don't like the 3D. I imagine it'd be even worse if you take a game that wasn't made with the 3DS in mind and...convert it.
  • edited June 2011
    I doubt Telltale will ever use WiiWare again. SBCG4AP and Tales of Monkey Island both had to be toned down to fit WiiWare's 40 MB size limit, and the WiiWare version of Puzzle Agent...wait, what WiiWare version? :p

I suppose a 3DS version could work, but I really, really don't like the 3D. I imagine it'd be even worse if you take a game that wasn't made with the 3DS in mind and...convert it.

I love the 3D, but I think you're right. BttF wasn't made for 3D, so it might not look right.
  • edited June 2011
    I love the 3D, but I think you're right. BttF wasn't made for 3D, so it might not look right.

All TTG games work on 3D capable PC systems if you have a monitor and card that supports it, so it was made with 3D in mind. Laserschwert took screenshots of it which you can view on your 3DS browser and it looks great.

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/3D/
  • edited June 2011
    Guinea wrote: »
    All TTG games work on 3D capable PC systems if you have a monitor and card that supports it, so it was made with 3D in mind. Laserschwert took screenshots of it which you can view on your 3DS browser and it looks great.

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/3D/

Holy crap! Those are great!! Well, so much for my idea that the game wouldn't translate well into 3D.
  • edited June 2011

He didn't say WiiWare. There are discs you know. Like Sam and Max seasons 1 and 2. One of which I own on the Wii.
  • edited June 2011
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    He didn't say WiiWare. There are discs you know. Like Sam and Max seasons 1 and 2. One of which I own on the Wii.

Those ports were bad. Really, really bad.

Telltale should stay away from the Wii. It's a great console, but they clearly lack the will or the experience to develop for it.
  • edited June 2011
    Those ports were bad. Really, really bad.

Telltale should stay away from the Wii. It's a great console, but they clearly lack the will or the experience to develop for it.

So do most 3rd Party developers. The only ones who seem to give it their all is Sega. Say what you will about the Sonic games for the Wii(I likely agree with you), they WERE gorgeous.
  • edited June 2011
    So do most 3rd Party developers. The only ones who seem to give it their all is Sega. Say what you will about the Sonic games for the Wii(I likely agree with you), they WERE gorgeous.

I completely agree. Sega really put some work into making their games look good. The funny thing with Sonic is that the better the graphics get, the worse the gameplay gets. I still need to play Colours though...

But the Sam & Max games were really one of the worst ports on the platform. The loading times were so long the games was barely playable. I'll never get a Telltale game for Wii again, even though it's the perfect platform to play adventure games.
  • edited June 2011
    To be fair, the porting for the Wii versions of the first two Sam and Max seasons were done by The Adventure Company and Atari, respectively. I'm sure if Telltale did the job themselves it would've been more competent.
  • edited June 2011
    I would like to remind everyone that there isn't a size restriction for Nintendo 3DS eshop applications. That means that we might see TTG ports on the eshop.
  • edited June 2011
    I completely agree. Sega really put some work into making their games look good. The funny thing with Sonic is that the better the graphics get, the worse the gameplay gets. I still need to play Colours though...

Colors is the first console Sonic since Adventure 2 that hasn't made me rage due to game-ruining BS.
  • edited June 2011
    Colors is the first console Sonic since Adventure 2 that hasn't made me rage due to game-ruining BS.

It also made me eat my words saying there could never be another fully enjoyable Sonic again.
  • edited June 2011
    It would be really awesome on the 3DS, we really need some good games on the e-shop (a real cartridge would be more awesome though) I would buy it for sure!
  • edited June 2011
    Why not that would make me want to play my 3ds more...

intill tales of the abyss of course
Sign in to comment in this discussion.