Issues with Multi-Core Processors

edited June 2006 in Game Support
I'm having a lot of trouble with the 'Bone: Out from Bonville' trial on my desktop machine.

The main problem is that Bone doesn’t seem to play well with dual-core processors - to get the game to run properly, every time I load the game I have to flip back to Windows and set the priority to one of the CPU cores.

After which, if I move the mouse to the top of the game screen, it turns back into the windows mouse pointer and doesn’t react to the game (unless I move it back down the screen again)
(I guess this is a result of me jumping back into windows to set the core priority?)

Also, the game keeps crashing on me - Playing to the bug/rock jumping mini-game part (just after Fone escapes from the mountains) - The game crashed completely, dropping me back into Windows.

Finally; I've found the cursor is always completely context sensitive - For example, in the caves where I'm picking up Bones trail of cigar stubs, I sometimes have to move the cursor over the stub several times before the icon will change from the default move/feet one.

I'd love to buy this game, but if it won’t let me get anywhere I'm scuppered (will Sam&Max suffer the same problem?)

Cheers guys!

Comments

• edited June 2006
    I've just bought both games anyway - but if there are any fixes/workarounds you can suggest, it would be cool (and save me from reloading the game every 20minutes - a definite mood killer) :D
  • edited June 2006
    every time I load the game I have to flip back to Windows and set the priority to one of the CPU cores.

I wish there were an easier way of doing that with all games, actually.
  • edited June 2006
    I wish there were an easier way of doing that with all games, actually.

So do I - Definitely wish Windows would remember which processes I've set the processor too as well - It's a pain in the arse having to set it every time I start-up the game.

Just gotta see how things go with the great cow race! :)
This discussion has been closed.