Who said we couldn't have...

Two Martys in the same timeline when I talked about the nerdy Marty who could appear in episode 4?:D

Comments

• edited June 2011
    temporal duplicates?
  • edited June 2011
    I said this as well in a different thread and loads of people said it was impossible
  • edited June 2011
    I was right, you were wrong, that's all.:p

No offense. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Well I believe it is possible. As far as I know BTTF universe doesn't rely on Parallel Universes idea. There's only one universe which gets changed. Therefore 2 of the same person, which belong to exact same moment in his own lifespan, can't exists at the same time.

However, if they don't belong to exact same moment, they can meet. For example a Marty who is exactly 567648000 seconds old can meet another Marty who is 567647000 seconds old, but soon, when the younger one reaches the age of the time traveler one's age at the point he time jumped, he will vanish so the time traveler will take his place from then on.

I am aware this doesn't help explaining the 3 Martys at the end assuming they are all at the exact age, this a reason why I didn't like this ending...
  • you could expand on the temporal duplicate idea; for those who missed where the second delorean comes from, when it got struck by lightning in 1955, it cloned the delorean into 2 and sent one into the future 70 years. It's never confirmed if doc gets duplicated but it's possible so that could explain 3 marty's.

it's not confirmed if these 3 marty's are all the same age. Remember FCB and old doc are around 20-30 years apart in age.
  • edited June 2011
    Just because the game says its possible doesn't mean it isn't beyond stupid.
  • edited June 2011
    The back to the future universe really isn't making sense. It can't support the alternate reality idea because people fade away in it but these Marty's seem to have come from alternate realities, each of them claiming that they're timeline is their own. If you think about it logically it just doesnt make sense.
  • edited June 2011
    Of course they're the original Martys! At least that's what they think, the 3 of them lived a different life, but for them, their story is the real timeline.

Am I saying something wrong?:confused:
  • edited June 2011
    The back to the future universe really isn't making sense. It can't support the alternate reality idea because people fade away in it but these Marty's seem to have come from alternate realities, each of them claiming that they're timeline is their own. If you think about it logically it just doesnt make sense.
    Well I just hope they will explain it somehow. Hope they don't shift it towards alternate reality idea after all these years we have known it as there is a single universe.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.