Newspaper in Episode 5

I'm confused about where did this newspaper come from, and what did it originally say. I don't see how Doc would be getting the key to the city in June 14 1931 without altering the timeline considerably; he was Carl Sagan, the wanted arsonist, at the same time in the same location.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Haha, yeah I think the devs messed that up.
    Im pretty sure its supposed to be the newspaper from 1986.
  • edited June 2011
    that is the newspaper from 1986 because if u look at it before edna is chased out of town by danny it will say wife shoots husband at devorse thing and show a picture of doc and enda with doc being shot
  • edited June 2011
    that is the newspaper from 1986 because if u look at it before edna is chased out of town by danny it will say wife shoots husband at devorse thing and show a picture of doc and enda with doc being shot

Yeah it's supposed to be. But read the date right above the headline, in the middle.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Yup, that could be one great f***up. IIRC,
    • Marty picks up a 1931 newspaper in 1986 at old Edna's in episode one. The headline is "arsonist shot".
    • He takes this newspaper to 1931, where it predicts what happens one day into the future
    • in episode 3, he returns to 1986, the Citizen Brown reality - but now the very same newspaper is from 1986, telling us "crime at all-time low"!!
    • It is this newspaper that Marty still has in episode 5. But obviously, although it tells us what happens in Marty's present, the date still is from 1931. LOL!!
  • edited June 2011
    Well we could assume that he keeps multiple newspapers with him concerning certain dates to use as clues, like his fathers photograph but not shown in inventory. However the date in the image given here is definitely wrong, should have been sometime in the future.
  • edited June 2011
    Actually he gets a 1986 newspaper from Doc during Get Tannen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2642&d=1309015074

attachment.php?attachmentid=2643&d=1309015082

But they accidently put the new 1986 headline on the 1931 newspaper template.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Good - so the wrong date in the 1986 newspaper seems to be the only mistake left. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks! I forgot all about that newspaper from 1986. I am satisfied with that explanation.

It's not just the date that got swapped, though, the back of the newspaper is still from 1931:

Egr3I.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Whoops, looks like to much time travel even effected the newspaper.
  • edited June 2011
    LeandroTLZ wrote: »
    It's not just the date that got swapped, though, the back of the newspaper is still from 1931

Yeah they took the 1931 newspaper template and edited the 1986 news story onto it.
    Somebody at Telltale was not thinking 4th dimensionally.
  • edited June 2011
    LeandroTLZ wrote: »
    Thanks! I forgot all about that newspaper from 1986. I am satisfied with that explanation.

It's not just the date that got swapped, though, the back of the newspaper is still from 1931:

Egr3I.jpg
    It's a slight graphical glitch. Sometimes it puts the 1931 paper there by accident. It happened to me at the end of Ep 2, but not at the end of Ep 5.
  • edited June 2011
    So what are all the headlines that the 1986 newspaper said?
  • edited June 2011
    If im not wrong...

-The Tannen gang
    -Low crime rate in Hill Valley
    -Wife shoots husband at divorce
    -Key to city
  • edited June 2011
    I didn't read the "Wife shoots husband at divorce" newspaper properly so thanks for telling me what it said.
  • edited June 2011
    There's also the one about some dude being present at the divorce of Edna and famed industrialist Emmet Brown
Sign in to comment in this discussion.