Whoa, this could be heavy...(DeLorean "inconsistency"?)*SPOILERS*

The "new" DeLorean that Doc, Marty, Citizen Brown, and Edna have been using throughout the entire series has had a new gauge on the dashboard where the old plutonium level gauge used to be that shows the Mr. Fusion levels. You can see it in this picture here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2643&d=1309015082

However, the first DeLorean that shows up at the end doesn't have this gauge. It has the old plutonium gauge! Could this be a clue? Or do you guys think it's just a texture mess-up?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2644&stc=1&d=1309025018

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I'm guessing just a texture messup, or someone might've planted that for someone to find, who knows.
  • edited June 2011
    you don't accidently create new textures.

And with one of the DeLoreans being blue, you can bet that those cars were different on purpose.

Now the only question is...will we ever get an answer
  • edited June 2011
    Krohn wrote: »
    you don't accidently create new textures.

And with one of the DeLoreans being blue, you can bet that those cars were different on purpose.

Now the only question is...will we ever get an answer

To be honest, I never actually noticed that the Mr. Fusion gauge changed in Ep. 2, I R not smrt like that.

Yeah, that was probably intentional then.
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    To be honest, I never actually noticed that the Mr. Fusion gauge changed in Ep. 2, I R not smrt like that.

Yeah, that was probably intentional then.

I noticed it in Episode 1 when Marty first got in the DeLorean.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, as I said, I don't pay attention, I never would've noticed those gauges had they been pointed out.
  • edited June 2011
    I noticed it in Episode 1 when Marty first got in the DeLorean.

Well remember i Episode 1 when Doc talked about the Duplicate he said it was "Exactly the same as the Original with a few new features i added in" the Mr.Fusion Gage was obvious even before you started Episode 1 when you went to select a new game
  • About the blue Delorean,these are some possibilities.

1. Somebody made a new time machine out of a blue delorean
    2. Somebody painted the delorean
    3. It's a major glitch that everyone has
    4. Telltale just wants it to be different
    5. Telltale wants to confuse us
  • edited June 2011
    About the blue Delorean,these are some possibilities.

Maybe it's just that it came out of the blue :cool:
  • edited June 2011
    WareKurt wrote: »
    Maybe it's just that it came out of the blue :cool:

Boo! Though IRL, there was a gold DeLorean, though I've never seen a blue one before.
  • edited June 2011
    I think the Blue Delorean was supposed to add to the "wtf is going on" randomness feeling. If you look closely, the "Biker Marty" seems to have been driving a Black Delorean…with what looks like a mounted machine gun. I'll see if I can get a picture of that…

My only theory about the Blue Delorean was that it was not covered in Ice when it came in, so perhaps its some sort of Colbalt-based paint coating resistant to freezing?
  • edited June 2011
    Or maybe the Delorean was painted blue by the Marty clone. Seriously though, i really want the 2nd BTTF game to explain what the freaking heck was going on? 4 Marty's came from the future to tell Real Marty something.
  • edited June 2011
    MageTank wrote: »
    I think the Blue Delorean was supposed to add to the "wtf is going on" randomness feeling. If you look closely, the "Biker Marty" seems to have been driving a Black Delorean…with what looks like a mounted machine gun. I'll see if I can get a picture of that…

My only theory about the Blue Delorean was that it was not covered in Ice when it came in, so perhaps its some sort of Colbalt-based paint coating resistant to freezing?

Yes, it did seem to be black, though I didn't see a machine gun.
    Ashki wrote: »
    Boo! Though IRL, there was a gold DeLorean, though I've never seen a blue one before.

There were 3 gold-plated DeLoreans.

Blue DeLorean:
    D3.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, now I have seen a blue DeLorean.
  • edited June 2011
    Hehe cool. A picture I uploaded sparked a new discussion. :)

Here is a picture of the black DeLorean. Unfortunatly we never see it close up.
    But it has a black paint job with flames on the sides.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2649&stc=1&d=1309041688

And about the gauge, it could matter or it could not.
    There are probably 2 DeLorean models for the interior and the exterior, so they can save graphic resources when the DeLorean is only a background object.
    They may not have replaced the gauge on the exterior model.
  • edited June 2011
    Here is a picture of the black DeLorean. Unfortunatly we never see it close up.
    But it has a black paint job with flames on the sides.

Its wheels are not sideways...guess it has a different hover technology.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, it's clear there is no machine gun mounted on top, Apparently, "Motor-Marty" opened the door while in the air. aHOAo.jpg which looked like a machine gun the first time I saw it...
  • edited June 2011
    WareKurt wrote: »
    Its wheels are not sideways...guess it has a different hover technology.

I think that TellTale forgot that fans like to look for itty bitty details like that. lol
  • edited June 2011
    Let me remind you that the Delorean still hovered for a few seconds with its wheels down while landing…

2015_delorean_a.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    The Delorean is blue because the futuristic Marty painted it, look at the futuristic Marty style. :D

It's a theory, but I think it's as simple as that. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Let me remind you that the Delorean still hovered for a few seconds with its wheels down while landing…
    Well thanks for the reminder but the black one is not landing there, it just appeared after the time jump clash sound ;) Also they bothered to bend the wheels of the blue one.
    I think that TellTale forgot that fans like to look for itty bitty details like that. lol
    Nah having played only once I never noticed it. Its the picture here :D
  • edited June 2011
    About the texture mess-up, it's probably because it's not the same Delorean 3D Model.

They probably have a couple of half-delorean model, for all the shots where we see a character sitting inside it (from the different angles) where all the dials and panels in the car are in higher-resolution.

And then there's another regular Delorean with lower textures inside, which is the one we see with the Plutonium chamber panel.

We can clearly see that the interior has a big, ugly texture covering the dashboard, and that the other one has an actual 3d model of the Mr. Fusion panel.

So yes, it's a texture problem, since they never expected you to look inside from every angle :)

EDIT :

Just realized that Future-Marty forgot to use "Just For Men" on his eyebrows.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.