"Verne's cache of 21st century games consoles"

Okay, this is just a minor nitpick but Doc tells Marty that he got the headsets out of Verne's collection videogame consoles, but why exactly would Verne need an Xbox headset when he doesn't live in a time period where Xbox Live exists?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    They went to the future.
  • edited June 2011
    Doc Said "21st Century Videogame Consoles" Therefore, they most likely have a residence in the future.
  • edited June 2011
    More pissy question is why would Verne need an Xbox when back to the future isn't being released on it. Bah-Zing.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe it will be realised on Xbox... In the future.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Oh, they just wanted to get present-day equipment in the game, so that's that. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, it's possible that the family moved to some point in the future. If we figure that the family went to 1991 (as in The Animated Series and The Ride) when Jules and Verne are six and four - then Jules and Verne would be about 17 and 15 when the Xbox was released in late 2001.

Then, again, they maybe came from later in that decade (maybe 2006) - and maybe moved to sometime later in the '90s (maybe from 1895 to 1995).
  • edited June 2011
    But why would a collection of 21st century video game consoles include the Xbox 360 when by 2015 in the Back to the Future universe games no longer involve using your ha...

...Oh, right. Kinect.
  • edited June 2011
    but why would a collection of 21st century video game consoles include the xbox 360 when by 2015 in the back to the future universe games no longer involve using your ha...

...oh, right. Kinect.

lol
  • edited June 2011
    But why would a collection of 21st century video game consoles include the Xbox 360 when by 2015 in the Back to the Future universe games no longer involve using your ha...

...Oh, right. Kinect.

I love this comment.
  • edited June 2011

...Oh, right. Kinect.

XD This comment is awesome.
  • edited June 2011
    I guess this does sort of hint that the future of the BTTF Universe is a mixture of the future of "our" world and the future that see in BTTF2. Because the Xbox headset exists along with the hoverboard. So, even if we don't actually see the future - we, at least, have some idea of what it's like.
  • edited June 2011
    I was thinking, cause Telltale now has a contract with Microsoft as a dev on the store, right? It'd make sense to put their equipment in there.
  • edited June 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    I guess this does sort of hint that the future of the BTTF Universe is a mixture of the future of "our" world and the future that see in BTTF2. Because the Xbox headset exists along with the hoverboard. So, even if we don't actually see the future - we, at least, have some idea of what it's like.

I was originally thinking thinking that this game was going to somehow erase BttF 2's future and replace it with ours. Like when Doc said in Episode 1 that he was going to visit Marty in 2011, I thought the game would end with us seeing Marty living in the real future...err, present. Whatever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.