Moooom, there's a Max in my RSS Feed...!

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
I just saw this early in the morning... he doesn't seem to be hiding easter eggs, though.
sanstitre2gz9.th.jpg

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Did you make that, or was it really like that?
  • edited April 2007
    It was really like that, and it happens each time I refresh the RSS feed aggregator... I can even drag and drop Max around. I have no idea why it happens, but it's nice.
    Needless to say Telltale Blogs is one of the RSS feed I aggregated , so I guess it comes from this.
  • edited April 2007
    vimes wrote: »
    It was really like that, and it happens each time I refresh the RSS feed aggregator... I can even drag and drop Max around. I have no idea why it happens, but it's nice.
    Needless to say Telltale Blogs is one of the RSS feed I aggregated , so I guess it comes from this.

Prove it. tell us the page(unless its private) and RSS feed.
  • edited April 2007
    Come on, why would I make up such thing ? If you really want to check, I guess you need to go to a news aggregator(mine is netvibes.com), open an account and add this rss feed : http://telltalegames.com/rss
    As I write this message Max is still here.

edit : it might not be the feed but netvibes itself : if I log out of netvibes, Max is still here and putting the feed in GoogleReader doesn't make Max appear.That's odd.
  • edited April 2007
    OK, I just checked on a friend's computer : it's netvibes, just go there and without even registering or logging in, you should see it.
  • edited April 2007
    Ha! just saw it, pretty cool.
  • edited April 2007
    That's not our doing, sorry.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    This reminds me of this 'screen saver' (for lack of a better term) that I had. It was a cat who walked around your desktop, he would look through a fish bowl, look at a TV, walk in and out of his cat door on your active desktop. You could pick him up by the scruff and drop him (he would land on his feet of course!). It was cute. :)

Edit: I found him! His name is Felix. :)
  • edited April 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    That's not our doing, sorry.
    Why being sorry ? It's 'copyright infringement' time!
    To the lawsuit mobile!
  • edited April 2007
    LOL! :D

Get a job at LucasArts, they love folks like you!
  • edited April 2007
    Huh, all be damned. Looks like there's some Sam & Max fans over at Netvibe. :p
  • edited April 2007
    By the way, looks like you can trigger this anytime by going there and calling this function from the location bar:
    javascript:var foo = EasterEgg("max",0);

• edited April 2007
    Hmmm, if I put that in the address bar on their main page it doesn't show anything but on the status bar on the bottom it continiusly loops between a "left.gif", "right.gif" and "falling.gif". While they don't seem to work, I have managed to download one of those images from their site manually.
  • edited April 2007
    Hurray! I got all 4 of the gifs downloaded! :D Only the "left" and "right" images are animated though, each with 8 frames. You want 'em Tobacco? Maybe you guys could use it on the site!
  • edited April 2007
    They have access to the "real" Max here. It'd be pretty cool if they could make up an animated flash version of him to walk around the site.
  • edited April 2007
    I don't know they could make it move around the screen with a flash version, but it would be nice to have the new 3D version in some kind of animation popping up every now and then.
  • edited April 2007
    It would all have to be pre-rendered, but I think it could be doable. It wouldn't be fundamentally different from the little gif thingie on netvibes, just with larger filesizes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.