Dear,
Telltale Games

Hello, my name is Cormac Delahunty and I would firstly like to say that I
loved Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. I recently bought the game on PS3
and I would easily give the game 10/10. I am usualy a hardcore gamer
playing games like Call of Duty or Uncharted, but it's good to get away
from them sort of games and play a different but still fantastic game. I
plan to get Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future: The Game next
and hopefully they will be as enjoyable as The Devil's Playhouse.
Before I sign off this message I would just like to ask two questions.
(1) Is there any plans for Sam & Max: Save the World or Sam and Max:
Beyond Time and Space to come to PS3 any time soon? I would love to play
the first two seasons of Sam & Max and I can't play them on my laptop
because it is sadly not able to play the games because of its CPU and etc.
(2)I would also like to ask if Sam & Max: Season 4 is ever going to be
released? I know it hasn't been very long since Season 3 was released ,but
I can't stop thinking about the franchise.
I would like to thank you again for making a greatly, enjoyable game and
hopefully there will be more in the future.
P.S: I can't wait for The Walking Dead game!!

From,
Cormac Del

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I don't think that Sam and Max Season 4 will be coming out in the next two years due to the fact that Telltale is currently working on about 5 more franchises and a Tales of Monkey Island Sequel is more likely to come after all the new franchises
  • edited July 2011
    I don't work for Telltale, so don't take what I'm saying to be official or anything, but...
    (1) Is there any plans for Sam & Max: Save the World or Sam and Max:
    Beyond Time and Space to come to PS3 any time soon? I would love to play
    the first two seasons of Sam & Max and I can't play them on my laptop
    because it is sadly not able to play the games because of its CPU and etc.

While I'm sure the first two seasons will come to the PS3 eventually, given how it's become Telltale's favorite of the three consoles, they've never actually announced anything like that. Do you have a Wii or Xbox 360? The first two seasons are available for both of those (not the best ports, but still playable).
    (2)I would also like to ask if Sam & Max: Season 4 is ever going to be
    released? I know it hasn't been very long since Season 3 was released ,but
    I can't stop thinking about the franchise.

Nothing like this has been announced. Given how Sam and Max is probably Telltale's best known series, I'm sure a Season 4 is in the works. However, right now Telltale has Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, Law and Order, Fables, and King's Quest to work on, so even if a Season 4 is being planned, we probably won't be seeing the Freelance Police for a long, long time. :(
  • edited July 2011
    Ok thanks for that. No I dont have a Wii or Xbox so ill jst have to wait nd see!
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2011
    If you don't want to wait for Sam and Max Seasons 1 and 2 for PS3, you can go ahead and buy them on PC. If you buy any Telltale game from their store, you also get a free DVD with all the episodes and a bunch of extra features for only the price of shipping. Also, the older Sam and Max games have a point and click control scheme whereas Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse has a control scheme adapted for use of analog sticks, so you may prefer to play the first two seasons on PC anyways.

Edit: As for a fourth season, RAnthonyMahan said it best. Telltale has a big schedule coming up, including the games he mentioned as well as some unannounced games/seasons they have hinted at in some press releases.

Looking at the games you mentioned you would play soon, you will probably enjoy Tales of Monkey Island, as the humor and puzzles are very similar to Sam and Max, while also having more challenging gameplay since you can combine Inventory items. Meanwhile, if you are looking for an easier/more cinematic game, you will probably enjoy Back to the Future: The Game. The puzzles are easier (but still fun) and a hint system is included if you get stuck.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.