Season 2 and saved games

edited July 2011 in Back to the Future
If a season 2 does happen, I'm wondering what the chances are of it referencing the save games from Season 1? All the eps of season 1 reference the name you pick in episode 1, so that everyone in the 30's calls you that name in every episode.

I'm mainly wondering because I'd prefer to play season 2 on a different device, but don't want to lose any of my decisions from the first season. I played season 1 on PS3, but since I bought it, have gotten a nice gaming PC. I hear it is a lot better on the PC, and it gets the episodes earlier, so I'd like to make that switch as long as I'm not missing out on anything that only affects those with Season 1 save games.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    The name setting is actually stored in the registry for Windows (not sure how it works for other devices). So for this season at least you can change the name people call Marty by editing the registry.

As for carrying that kind of thing over to a possible second season, my guess is that they would make any additional seasons standalone and not reference too much from the first game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I don't want to burst any bubble here, but what exactly are the decisions you want to keep? To my knowledge, you can decide what alias Marty chooses, but everything else in the game is entirely predetermined. There simply aren't any more decisions which you could carry over to a next Season - it's not Mass Effect.
  • Not only that but I doubt that if there's a second season, there'll be any returns to the 1930's; that period had been done extensively and the season would likely begin in the future so it would be as irrelevant as "calvin klein" in 2015 or "clint eastwood" in 1931
    edited July 2011
    That's also very true. Imagine the rage when there's a new Season and Marty would immediately go back to 1931! :eek:
  • edited July 2011
    Wait, I played Episode 1 as a free Telltale.com download and I'm now playing Episode 2 as part of the Steam Telltale Pack. Is it going to call me by the name I picked in Ep. 1? I don't even remember what it was so I haven't noticed...
  • edited July 2011
    It's supposed to... some of us had issues with it though. I picked Michael Corleone in the first one and yet was Harry Callahan for the rest of it.
  • edited July 2011
    I picked Harry and it stuck. It seems to be a hit and miss thing that's easily corrected by going into the game's files and changing the alias file.
  • edited July 2011
    Weird, my game didn't keep the name. I guess it was a glitch with my first save file.
    edited July 2011
    The name is managed in a registry setting rather than a save file, so you can change it if you want to or if it hasn't worked quite right. Run regedit, then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Telltale Games > BTTF > Player Alias.
  • edited July 2011
    Haha, Season 2... That's just funny.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't feel that I should have to go into the registry to have the only real choice possible in the entire game actually remember that I made it. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I don't feel that I should have to go into the registry to have the only real choice possible in the entire game actually remember that I made it. :rolleyes:

That's true, but I didn't think it would hurt to offer the information in case it is useful to someone. For what it's worth, the name carried over fine for me.
  • edited July 2011
    OMG! What's up with Season 2 here? Since when games have "Seasons"?
    edited July 2011
    Since Sam & Max Season 1. That was 2006.
  • edited July 2011
    OMG! What's up with Season 2 here? Since when games have "Seasons"?

As Vainamoinen said, Sam and Max is a prime example.

- Sam & Max Save the World (aka Sam and Max: Season One)
    - Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
    - Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
  • edited July 2011
    Sam and Max had "Season" titles before they decided to rename them for some console releases. The subtitles for Seasons 1 & 2 came well after they were released on PC. Season 3 however was titled "The Devil's Playhouse" from the very beginning.
  • edited July 2011
    I want a season to just to see what the heck is going on here. I mean, how can there be Martys from overwritten time lines? how can they be talking to each other? what the heck happened and when and how? Too many questions unanswered from one little 3 minutes segment of video.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.