Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse to hit retail...

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Ooh, that's good news. Season 1 and 2 never got retail PC releases, did they? I remember the Wii versions were released in the UK, but they were so hard to find they might as well have been hidden at the bottom of a well guarded by centaurs...
  • edited July 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    Season 1 and 2 never got retail PC releases, did they?
    Sure they did:

519eUFPEGhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51gJiOFQc4L._AA300_.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    I really need to buy the first two games through retail so I can get those sexy covers
  • edited July 2011
    So is it going to be the same thing as the collector's DVD?
  • edited July 2011
    I don't know for sure, but the two previous retail DVDs were very different from the collector DVDs you could get from Telltale.
  • edited July 2011
    Looks like the game will also be in german stores this september. Yaay!

http://www.spieleradar.de/PC/spieledetails/sam-max-season-3-the-devils-playhouse/6_23938.html
  • edited August 2011
    What was all that "Adventure Company" business about in S1 retail?
  • edited November 2011
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but the two previous retail DVDs were very different from the collector DVDs you could get from Telltale.

That's very true. I first discovered Sam & Max during a sale and getting a retail copy of the first season. I completed it over a couple of days, then I read about the TellTale version, and when I found out about the number of extras that were exclusive to that disc, I actually bought the first season again on the TellTale website. Cost a helluva lot for shipping, of course, but totally worth it for the cover alone! Haven't really bothered with the retail copies since, in fact I gave my retail copy of season 1 to introduce a mate of mine to the joys of Sam & Max. I think there may have been one or two extras, but not as many as the TTG collector's copy.
  • edited November 2011
    I've seen TDP retail version in Australian stores too. My first Telltale game purchase was the JoWood retail version of Sam & Max season 1. That was well before our internet was good enough to even consider buying downloadable games. I didn't discover this site though until ToMI was announced. It's cool to see Telltale games in stores but buying directly from this site really is the way to go.
  • edited November 2011
    Well this is lame. I hope TTG offers those bonus badges/poster for sale in their web shop.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Well this is lame. I hope TTG offers those bonus badges/poster for sale in their web shop.

What badges/poster appear with the retail release?
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    What badges/poster appear with the retail release?

Oh dear. I have absolutely no clue now what I was reading that said that. But while I have your attention, how about Season 1 and 2 case files and a Season 3 Soundtrack? :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.