Spoiler: Curious What The Name At The End Of Ep5 Means?

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
A lot of you might already know this, but for those of you who don't who are curious about the significance of the name at the end of the episode, read below.
Roy G. Biv was the name of a mnemonic device in the Paranoia RPG put out by West End Games in the 1980s (now available through Mongoose Publishing). It was used to remember the order of colors in the security spectrum in the game which also matched the order of colors in the chromatic scales. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Armed with the fact that this is all the colors of the rainbow, I don't think I need to spell out who Roy G. Biv is.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Yeah, plus his face in the moon at the end, and the title of the sixth game.. it has to have all been orchestrated by Hugh. It makes sense too.. he's been at least referenced in every game, omnipresent but never too crucial for the plot. I can't wait to see how it all pans out..
  • edited April 2007
    I've never heard of this game you're talking about, but the whole ROYGBIV thing is pretty common knowledge.
  • edited April 2007
    Spoiler about who the villain might be:
    GameTap says it's Hugh Bliss.
  • edited April 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    GameTap says it's Hugh Bliss.

You couldn't at all have said what that spoiler was about... :mad:
  • edited April 2007
    fajerkaos wrote: »

You couldn't at all have said what that spoiler was about... :mad:

Don't be angry. You have to use emetics(medicine to vomit/a nauseant) to express your multi-colored happiness :)
  • edited April 2007
    To express my multi-colored happiness i'm using every kind of smile available...
    :mad: :) :D :rolleyes: ;) :confused: :cool: :eek: :( :o :p

Edit: Hehe, it looks kinda' cool (^^)
  • edited April 2007
    I've never heard of this game you're talking about, but the whole ROYGBIV thing is pretty common knowledge.

I agree; I never heard of the rpg. ROYGBIV is used in school all the time and wiki makes no reference of the game, so I doubt it originated from that.

The l in ROYGBlV is because of numberlogy
  • edited April 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    The l in ROYGBlV is because of numberlogy

I thougt it was because of Indigo.... :D

Multicolored Happiness
  • edited April 2007
    No, the problem is that Isaac Newton, who apparently coined the spectrum we often use, was sometimes a superstitious weirdo. So he thought that by having seven colors it would be "better".

It should really be ROYGBP in my book.

P being purple.
  • edited April 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    No, the problem is that Isaac Newton, who apparently coined the spectrum we often use, was sometimes a superstitious weirdo. So he thought that by having seven colors it would be "better".

It should really be ROYGBP in my book.

P being purple.

I don't see how my comment contradict yours since Newton added
    Indigo because of numberlogy; he wanted it to be 7 as in seven days of the week, 7 different planets, etc..
  • edited April 2007

Provided you're American/maybe British. I'm not, and I had never heard of it.
  • edited April 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    Don't be angry. You have to use emetics(medicine to vomit/a nauseant) to express your multi-colored happiness :)

How does barfing make you happy?
  • edited April 2007

It's the book Hugh Bliss sells, with the picture of the guy barfing the rainbow ;) I found that rather amusing when I looked up what emetics actually means :) so this book should show him the way to multi-colored happiness. Now I really want to get a copy of that book :o
  • edited April 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I don't see how my comment contradict yours since Newton added
    Indigo because of numberlogy; he wanted it to be 7 as in seven days of the week, 7 different planets, etc..

I wasn't responding to your post. I was responding to the post above me. ;)
  • edited April 2007

Because when you're done spewing up your breakfast, you're happy it's over with! :D
  • edited April 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    It's the book Hugh Bliss sells, with the picture of the guy barfing the rainbow ;) I found that rather amusing when I looked up what emetics actually means :) so this book should show him the way to multi-colored happiness. Now I really want to get a copy of that book :o

You don't need Hugh Bliss's book to vomit in different colors, all you need to do is to eat frute loops and that will make you barf in "multicolorer happyness"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    You're spoiling season 2
  • edited April 2007
    Not to mention my lunch
  • edited April 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    You're spoiling season 2

I knew it! :eek:

¬¬
  • edited April 2007
    How am I spoiling Season 2?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    (I was kidding)
  • edited April 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    You're spoiling season 2

AHA! So Season 2 really does deal with a giant conspiracy by alien barfovores to prepare the earth for being used as a giant factory for producing canned barf! Incidious! And the Reality 2.0 plot was an attempt to capture everybody in a virtual world, while there bodies are stored in giant barferies! Extremely incidious!

Seriously, though, I'm quite excited about both Season 1 Finale, and about Season 2. Not least after Jakes comment.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.