Black screen when playing

edited May 2006 in Game Support
When at "Fone does Grandma's task 1", after going through the "tit for tat" we are told to go do some chores: get wood or get water. If my son (just got this game today for his birthday) selects get water then all proceeds, alas if he selects get wood the display goes black and the machine hangs. I updated the drivers (ATI Radeon 8.241), turned off anti-alias, went into window mode, etc. but to no effect. He is running on an XP SP2 machine fully patched. The rest of the game is fine but I am afraid that eventually he is going to have to go get the wood and he will be stuck :(

Any thoughts?
Eddie
p.s. this was installed from the CD that we ordered and so far I have not been able to figure out what the program's version number is. If it helps the exe's size is 647,168 bytes

Comments

• edited May 2006
    FYI: When I say black, I mean the whole thing is black. No backpacks, etc. Three key sulute doesn't work, nada
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I'm looking into it for you and will let you know what I find out.

-Emily
    edited May 2006
    Hi again,

Could you please send an email to support@telltalegames.com describing this issue, and attach a saved game from right before the crash? That way someone here can try to figure out what's causing the crash.

Worst case scenario, we can play through the spot where it crashes and send back a save right past that point.
  • edited May 2006
    Given some of the other comments on your board, on a lark I switched out the video cards (now using a nVidia FX 5200, was using Radeon 7000 series), now all works swell. Go figure :(

If you want I can still send you the saved file if you want though.
    edited May 2006
    That's good to know! Don't bother with the save, but I will give our tech guys a heads up about this.

I hope your son enjoys the rest of the game. :)
This discussion has been closed.