Has LucasArts re-released S&M??

edited May 2007 in Sam & Max
I found the attached image on a listing on Amazon. Take a look at that packaging. Thats the DVD style packaging that that a lot of game companies are using now. Plus thats the Classics logo that lucasarts has been putting on its re-released games. I haven't had a chance to go to any stores and see if I could find the game but the packaging looks legit plus who would put it past lucasarts to try and re-release this game now with the renewed interest in S&M due to telltales great game.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Don't know, but i just ordered from my local reseller the CD Version(Europe)(yeah shame on me, but i lost the Original CD years ago, but have still the old package lol.) that will arrive tomorrow.

pc_sammax.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    How much did you pay for it? The box image you show looks very similar to the one I found on amazon. This is very promising. Looks like I wont have to break down and pay 50 bucks for a copy of the cd version on ebay to replace my old 3.5" floppy version.
  • edited April 2007
    I still have the CD, but lost the book LOL! I'm not kidding. Activision has re-released a win XP version of Sam & Max Hit the Road. I ordered from Amazon.co.uk and it's due in my mailbox this Monday :D

It the version that comes with Day of the Tentacle. Another awsome Lucasarts adventure.
  • edited April 2007
    It's been said in a few threads here already: Activision released a Lucasarts Classics range - including Sam and Max, The Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and various Star Wars games - in many non-American countries.

They're selling quite cheaply, too - about a tenth of the price of a new game here in Australia.
  • edited April 2007
    Slothboy wrote: »
    How much did you pay for it? The box image you show looks very similar to the one I found on amazon. This is very promising. Looks like I wont have to break down and pay 50 bucks for a copy of the cd version on ebay to replace my old 3.5" floppy version.

I have to pay for the CD Version, arround 16 Bucks.(Switzerland)

A pitty, i never seen the Dig yet, i hope i will get the chance to buy it, because i have never played it(i know wasn't everyones favorite Adventure)
  • edited April 2007
    I saw CoMI, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango all selling for £2 at HMV in Britain. I've not seen Sam and Max yet though.
  • edited April 2007
    Rasher wrote: »
    I still have the CD, but lost the book LOL! I'm not kidding. Activision has re-released a win XP version of Sam & Max Hit the Road. I ordered from Amazon.co.uk and it's due in my mailbox this Monday :D

It the version that comes with Day of the Tentacle. Another awsome Lucasarts adventure.

As far as i know it's not optimized or even altered for XP, you need ScummVM or DosBox to run it.

Edit: Oops didn't read accurately enough, don't know about the Classic collection.
  • edited April 2007
    on the version I got(Sam & Max - Lucas Classic Line), you have one file that you can run to make it run on Windows 95 to Vista, but you also have all the original exe files(the way scummvm expects them) in it's own folder as well, so you can also run it through ScummVM if you so wish. Also, because of this, you can probably play it on a Pentium 133(with DOS) if you got one lying around as well. The version made for Windows doesn't have a copy protection, which I love very much. The manual is on the cd if anyone wants to read it still, though.
  • edited May 2007
    I saw all those games some months ago on the shelf here in Spain; The Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle. Of course I bought them inmediatelly (and finally). But I haven't seen Sam & Max :(
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Many of the old LucasArts adventures have been repeatedly re-released across Europe, but that hasn't happened in the US in a while. In 2000-2002ish there were some jewel case budget re-releases of Curse of Monkey Island, "Monkey Madness" (a CD bundling Monkey Islands 1 and 2), Grim Fandango, Outlaws, and a few others of that vintage, but even the jewel case rereleases have been discontinued in recent years.
  • edited May 2007
    Slightly off topic, but I see Vivendi has re-released the old Sierra Quest series of games. Funny thing is, they advertised it here as being updated for Windows XP. In reality they just include DosBox with the CD ;)
  • edited May 2007
    I've already bought it! In italian, I mean.:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.