OUTATIME Questions and Answers...(Spoilers)

edited August 2011 in Back to the Future
So I just finished the game. It was fantastic! Honestly I don't hold gaming in such a high esteem as some of the people on here do. It was fun and I enjoyed it, what more could I ask for a game.

That being said there are some logical errors in the way time works within the game.

1. The movies imply, very heavily, that as long as you don't undue your existence, you can actually exist in any time period. When they go back in 1985A, 1955 in Part II are both prime examples of this. Why is it that Doc disappeared at the end of Episode 2? Why did Citizen Brown disappear in Episode 5? According to the film logic, all 3, Emmett, Doc, and Citizen Brown should all be able to exist in the same time period.

Also, this makes the ending to Episode 5 a hell of a lot more plausible if you stick with the film logic. The only thing is what that will do the space time continuum.

2. The magic Delorean. Ok so assuming everything from Movies 1-3 and Episodes 1-4 all happened, where did 1986A Doc get his Delorean from?

In Episode 1 we establish that there was a duplicate time vehicle in 2025. Ok I can follow that logic. In Episode 2 Doc disappears due to Citizen Brown timeline overwriting him...ok that doesn't follow the films but whatever. In Episode 5 we find out that that specific time vehicle was technically also overwritten by the Citizen Brown timeline overwriting it's existence, but due to the time circuits degrading it took longer.

So Edna takes off in the broken time vehicle and after Citizen Brown being overwritten due to 1931A timeline, DocA arrives with a new time vehicle...wait what? Where did he get this vehicle and when did he have time to build another one/time travel to meet Marty?

In order for Marty to be in 1931 in the first place, Doc would have to go to 1931 to have the Delorean jump back to 1986. So if he got erased in Episode 2, presumably after films 1-3 and Episode 1, which Emmett would have to do as well in order for Marty to also go back to 1931, at what point did he build the new time vehicle?

It's hard to explain, and I did the best I could, but I just don't make the connection on either of the points. Otherwise the Story is flawless.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.