How Doc Brown and Marty became Friends

The website for the magazine Mental_Floss recently posted the reason that Doc Brown and Marty McFly became friends. I'm not sure if this has been stated elsewhere, since it sounds familiar, but it essentially lines up with what I think the fanbase has always thought either way.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Wow, I've been wondering about how their relationship started for a while... Thanks. Always thought it was pretty random that a teenage boy would hang out with an old man, that isn't even related to him.
    But I guess that the whole time travelling experience was what really brought them closer.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for the link, Dashing. It's nice to have a straight answer but, as you said, I think most of the fanbase already had a pretty good idea of where it all began anyway.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    That's nearly word-for-word what he told us during the BTTF Game interviews, so yep! Confirmed.
  • edited August 2011
    I always thought it was because Doc gave him money to clean up his garage...
  • edited August 2011
    hibob7 is right, gale and zemmicks (sorry for your name spelt wrong !) stated I think in there commentary somewhere on the DVD triliogy that doc paid marty to clean his house and I guess help him out on his experiments, Doc if you don't remember, is one of the richest guys in town, but he spent most of his money on inventions, so in short marty was hired to do stuff for doc that he had no time for, and marty needed a part time gig since his music wasn't going anywhere

but ya, the directors stated it somewhere, if not in there commentary, in a interview
  • edited August 2011
    redakdal wrote: »
    hibob7 is right, gale and zemmicks (sorry for your name spelt wrong !) stated I think in there commentary somewhere on the DVD triliogy that doc paid marty to clean his house and I guess help him out on his experiments, Doc if you don't remember, is one of the richest guys in town, but he spent most of his money on inventions, so in short marty was hired to do stuff for doc that he had no time for, and marty needed a part time gig since his music wasn't going anywhere

but ya, the directors stated it somewhere, if not in there commentary, in a interview
    That essentially slots into the last part of the story here, where Doc gives Marty a part-time job.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.