So.... episode 2 ready or not?

Mixinmojo say Telltale have said will be available tomorrow as a season purchase or upgrade

http://mixnmojo.com/news/Hector-Badge-of-Carnage-episode-2-release-date

Can't find anything about it here, though, and (obviously) I'd like to be able to tie in my purchase with whichever BTTF DVD I eventually select....

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the link!

<< Insert the usual "If you didn't hear it directly from Telltale, the date may not be accurate" spiel >>

I hope it does come out tomorrow, I need something to distract me from the misery of missing PAX. Twice as long sounds like a very good thing too!
  • edited August 2011
    Joystiq says the same but sources Mojo. A few other reports but they seem to have picked up Joystiq. IGN has a page dated today entitled Hector: Badge of Carnage -- Episode 2 - Launch Trailer Video, except the video is actually the Episode 1 trailer, LOL.

I also saw a report on an iOS site that Episode 2 is already available on the New Zealand App Store.

EDIT: Checked the Straandlooper site and it seems to confirm: "Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice hits the App Store, Steam, and the Telltale Games site tonight at midnight." Post is dated August 25, though, so I don't know whether they mean their midnight tonight, about 20 hours from now, or Telltale's midnight August 25, which is still more than 24 hours away. :p
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Thanks for the link!

<< Insert the usual "If you didn't hear it directly from Telltale, the date may not be accurate" spiel >>

I hope it does come out tomorrow, I need something to distract me from the misery of missing PAX. Twice as long sounds like a very good thing too!

Yeah its very soon
  • edited August 2011
    Hector Episode 2 seems to be available on Steam already, though I haven't tried to purchase and download it. Episode 3 listed for September 22 there.
  • edited August 2011
    Just bought the "full series" on steam for 4.99 euros before they changed the price to 14.99. That was weird, maybe the made an error?
  • edited August 2011
    Apparently also available for iThings.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26335

Just waiting for Telltale now...:o
  • edited August 2011
    So this is available everywhere... except the Telltale store? Why?
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, kinda weird that we're hearing about this from everyone BUT Telltale.
    edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Yeah, kinda weird that we're hearing about this from everyone BUT Telltale.

A bunch of their people (especially the community-oriented ones) are at PAX right now, so they may be a bit thin on the ground in the office.
  • edited August 2011
    True, but still weird. I hope it shows up one the store soon.
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    A bunch of their people (especially the community-oriented ones) are at PAX right now, so they may be a bit thin on the ground in the office.

I'd like to think they would have the foresight to a) leave one guy at the office to announce the release of their new game, or b) have a laptop with them. ;)
    edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I'd like to think they would have the foresight to a) leave one guy at the office to announce the release of their new game, or b) have a laptop with them. ;)

Telltale HQ, 3:30pm today:

sQCCh.jpg

;)

Nah, I'm sure we'll hear something, eventually. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Well, I bought the season upgrade yesterday.

(I figured, knowing TTG a bit, that if I'd buy Ep. 1, a season upgrade would be cheaper in the long run. And yes, Ep. 1 was $9.99-$7.49=$2.50 and the upgrade is $9.99 -- a total of $12.49 instead of $ 19.99. 'Though knowing TTG more, it's bound to be reduced within a year or so with their special discount offers :) )

Anywho, I was looking on the blog for a release announcement, but they're only reporting on PAX. So I just checked My Games and hey presto, there it is, patiently sitting there, waiting for me to scoop up a healthy 630 Mb of digital mayhem.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.