Is this game dead?

We haven't heard anything about this game since the original announcement (where they said it'd come out in 2011), despite hearing a decent amount about Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead, both of which should be coming out around the same time as this. Furthermore, the official site for it is gone.

It's OK if the game's been cancelled, since most people (me included) admittedly weren't very interested in it. But if it's not happening, Telltale should say so.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I hope it isn't I really wanted to play it.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I think a press release during E3 possibly implied that they were looking into making a different Law and Order game rather than Los Angeles.
  • edited August 2011
    I don't know. I think they will still make a Law and Order game, much in the vain of their CSI games (in that it had less of a priority and press interest) but due to other recent delays, it's probably either been pushed back or the team working on it are just being quiet because they're so busy.
  • edited August 2011
    I think a press release during E3 possibly implied that they were looking into making a different Law and Order game rather than Los Angeles.

Pls make it SVU then!
  • edited August 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Pls make it SVU then!

If there's one thing Telltale needs more work on, it's rape mysteries!
  • edited August 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    If there's one thing Telltale needs more work on, it's rape mysteries!

There's a good plot for Sam and Max session 4!
  • edited August 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    There's a good plot for Sam and Max session 4!

Session 4? You mean Season 4.
  • edited August 2011
    Session 4? You mean Season 4.

No, he was referring to their sessions with their therapists!

Get it? The-Rapists?
  • edited August 2011
    Oh you guys and your.... rape humor.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Right now, TTG have so much on their hands, we don't even know if it will be 2013 or 2014 when this game would come out. Given Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, Fables AND King's Quest, I severely doubt that Law & Order will even be mentioned much in the entirety of 2012.

There's nothing cancelled at the moment, but I'd presume that sometime in 2013, TTG will have another good look at their resources, philosophy as well as the then-popular TV and movie program, and they will then make the final decision whether to actually go ahead with Law & Order - or concentrate on one of their "traditional" franchises again. :D
  • edited August 2011
    I hope they do make a law and order game, i really enjoy the show so hopefully its similiar
  • edited August 2011
    I think it would be good to associate this game under a TT Pilot Program.
    I really hope they experiment very much with this game, not giving a derivative product.

I think experimenting would be a great opportunity to make this game more attractive.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.