For early Steam customers

edited September 2011 in Hector: Badge of Carnage
so I bought the game for 10USD when it first came out (the first episode), seeing that on steam now only has the full episode package on sale and the 2nd episode doesn't pops out in my game library, does that mean I have to purchase the whole series? D=

Comments

• edited August 2011
    i paid almost 10€ when ep1 came out on steam. it was pretty much a ripoff, compared to the 0,79€ for the iphone. now there is a 5€ bundle for all 3 episodes?! sounds like a very very bad joke to me...
  • edited August 2011
    ixemun wrote: »
    so I bought the game for 10USD when it first came out (the first episode), seeing that on steam now only has the full episode package on sale and the 2nd episode doesn't pops out in my game library, does that mean I have to purchase the whole series? D=

Yes, you will have to buy the full series, or the new episodes individually, as your original purchase was for the first episode only. But hopefully Telltale will offer some kind of upgrade pricing for those who have already paid for the first episode. We just have to wait to find out what Telltale announces. It won't necessarily be exactly the same as what Steam is doing.
    nco2k wrote: »
    i paid almost 10€ when ep1 came out on steam. it was pretty much a ripoff, compared to the 0,79€ for the iphone. now there is a 5€ bundle for all 3 episodes?! sounds like a very very bad joke to me...

That's not the regular price of the bundle, that's your Steam upgrade deal. In the U.S. the bundle price on Steam is currently $14.99. So it sounds like the total cost of the package will end up being the same whether or not you already have the first episode.
  • edited August 2011
    You DONT have to pay the full price, just log in to steam and head to the new Hector series store page, the price next to the Add to Cart button will become something like "-75%: $4.99 USD", at least it did for me.
  • edited August 2011
    tonyunreal wrote: »
    You DONT have to pay the full price, just log in to steam and head to the new Hector series store page, the price next to the Add to Cart button will become something like "-75%: $4.99 USD", at least it did for me.

Had you already bought Episode 1 through Steam?

Logged in to either the website or through the Steam client, I see the price as $14.99 USD, 25% off the regular price of $19.99.
  • edited August 2011
    Bought episode 1 on steam a while back: after logging in the price drops to $4.99 for the whole season upgrade. GREAT deal! I paid $8.99 for the first episode when it came out, and now $5 for the final two episodes.
    For once I'm glad I bought a Telltale game through Steam.
  • edited August 2011
    The price for me is showing 14.99 no matter what I do. I dunno if I should contact Steam or what to see what's going on, if the price should be cheaper if you own the first episode.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Carm wrote: »
    The price for me is showing 14.99 no matter what I do. I dunno if I should contact Steam or what to see what's going on, if the price should be cheaper if you own the first episode.

Do you see episode 1 in your games library? I would contact Steam about it.
  • edited August 2011
    Yea, I got it in the Telltale pack during the Summer Sale.
  • edited August 2011
    Same. Price is still 14.99. I have first episode in my library.
    I also have bought TT complete pack. May be this is the reason? Or maybe this offer is only valid in selected countries.
  • edited August 2011
    Yea, I got it in the Telltale pack during the Summer Sale.

That means you bought episode 1 from telltale directly, not steam. The discount doesn't count for you because you didn't buy episode 1 on steam.
  • edited August 2011
    chucklas wrote: »
    That means you bought episode 1 from telltale directly, not steam. The discount doesn't count for you because you didn't buy episode 1 on steam.

No, Summer Sale was on steam.
  • edited August 2011
    I just picked up the full season for £4.35 off steam.

EDIT: I already had ep1, not sure if that makes a difference.
  • edited August 2011
    Mr_Orange wrote: »
    I just picked up the full season for £4.35 off steam.

EDIT: I already had ep1, not sure if that makes a difference.
    This makes difference. Users who already own 1ep receive 75% discount on steam, but for some reason not everyone receive it.
  • edited September 2011
    There is a thread about this on the Steam Forums here and according to a Valve rep, "Users who purchased the Telltale Complete Pack during the Summer Sale should also now get the correct discount for the Hector full series."

Maybe try logging out of Steam and then back in before going to the Hector page on the Steam store?
  • edited September 2011
    Yea, it's fixed for me, they replied to my support ticket last night, didn't see it till a few moments ago.

Nevermind.. It looks to still be buggy, it went from 75% off in my cart to 50% off.
  • edited September 2011
    Yea, it's fixed for me, they replied to my support ticket last night, didn't see it till a few moments ago.

Nevermind.. It looks to still be buggy, it went from 75% off in my cart to 50% off.

I don't think that's a bug but just that the sale is over. The regular new-buyer price doesn't appear to be discounted anymore either -- it's $19.99, same as Telltale's price. I'll bet the regular upgrade price is $9.99, just like Telltale's. Both of these were $5 off, but only for a limited time.

I see you posted in the Steam thread. I hope they work this out for you, it kinda doesn't seem right that some upgraders missed the sale price because of technical issues.
  • edited September 2011
    So... I just got a response from Steam support basically saying to bad, no 75% discount for you. Even though it was their and Telltales screw up for letting this bug, that has effected many people, to persist for over 4 days.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2011
    So... I just got a response from Steam support basically saying to bad, no 75% discount for you. Even though it was their and Telltales screw up for letting this bug, that has effected many people, to persist for over 4 days.

To be fair, I think the fault for this one lies with Steam - they administer the Steam store, not Telltale. Sorry you missed out on the discount price though.
  • edited September 2011
    It's Telltales product, it's partially their fault. They could have gotten it corrected. If I was running a business I'd want to make sure my customers weren't getting screwed over by a company that sells my product. This has been a known problem since the 25th.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2079472
  • edited September 2011
    Actually this is TellTales fault. They control steam pricing for their products including region and promotion pricing. Nobody else. So now we have to pay $5 more.
    They could prolongate this promo for few more days, or make 75% for users who owns ep1. Problem is not in $5, but in their altitude to customers. To costumers, who love TellTale, who owns all their games!(Only players who own TT Complete Pack got screwed). This is not right.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.