Doc and the Delorean in an argentinean ad

edited September 2011 in Back to the Future
It's not complete, and i still haven't seen it on tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNB5mfDSo3Q

It's an advertising for an electronic shop. The same Delorean of the movies was used along with a double (a Toyota Celica) for some scenes.

Is this the first time that Lloyd impersonates the Doc after the movies? (besides the voice for the game, i mean live action)

Im not particularly excited about the use of such iconic things in advertisings...
Hope they don't screw up too bad...

For the look of this trailer, it seems that Doc is gonna be amazed by the technology of the year 2011 or something like that....you know....advertisings.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Yup, he's still got it. :D

There have been several other occasions in which Lloyd has impersonated doc on-camera between BTTF III and today, including but probably not limited to an advert for a new TV channel (I think), a music video and a 10-minute Microsoft ad.
  • edited August 2011
    He doesn't look like he's aged a day, and according to the video, he hasn't. :p
  • edited August 2011
    I just found the music video he was in based on.. well.. discovering that he was in a music video in this thread.

Not a very good song, and the inclusion of Doc Brown doesn't seem like it could have been any more random.
  • edited August 2011
    Yup, he's still got it. :D

O.O Yes, yes he does.:D
  • edited August 2011
    Hey, I walk through that street every day! How did I miss it??

Damn damn!

(Goes back in time and sees the filming session)
  • edited August 2011
    I've been told that the Delorean is on exhibition on that particular shop (Cabildo y Juramento) for the time that it stays in Argentina.
    So if you walk by any of these day you can still see that.
  • edited August 2011
    In that case, one of you has to get us pictures!
  • edited August 2011
    Ignatius wrote: »
    I've been told that the Delorean is on exhibition on that particular shop (Cabildo y Juramento) for the time that it stays in Argentina.
    So if you walk by any of these day you can still see that.

Nice! Thanks! :)
  • edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    In that case, one of you has to get us pictures!
    Ok. But im a shitty photographer, mind you.

Too bad doors weren't open.

SEqXbl.jpg

lE5tPl.jpg

C8vFWl.jpg

TEYB3l.jpg

p2OHhl.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Nice pics. Too bad any claims of that being the car used in the movies are easily dispelled.

First, the center of the hubcaps are missing the DMC logo. The DeLorean text on the rear fender is covered up with tape, which tells me that they were trying to hide the fact that, unlike the movie car, the DeLorean text is filled in with white. And the hood is missing the two indentions, and the movie car didn't have the DeLorean text on the hood. The wormhole emitter, or the top flux emitter if you want to use the game terminology is wrong. So, good reproduction, but definitely not the one from the movie.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, when i asked why there was tape on the back some folk who was also there started to say some things like that. I was on the look for that kind of details and when i saw the tape i knew there was something fishy.

Anyway, i don't know if they are actually saying that it's the original, that is what i read on blogs and papers not the oficial statement. Im gonna check.
  • edited August 2011
    Doc still looks perfect!
  • edited September 2011
    Nice pics. Too bad any claims of that being the car used in the movies are easily dispelled.

First, the center of the hubcaps are missing the DMC logo. The DeLorean text on the rear fender is covered up with tape, which tells me that they were trying to hide the fact that, unlike the movie car, the DeLorean text is filled in with white. And the hood is missing the two indentions, and the movie car didn't have the DeLorean text on the hood. The wormhole emitter, or the top flux emitter if you want to use the game terminology is wrong. So, good reproduction, but definitely not the one from the movie.

Hey, you're right! Upon closer inspection, some of the stuff on the back of this DeLorean are also not right, either (besides what you've already pointed out).

And Doc is still the awesome scientist we know and love!
  • edited September 2011
    That's a pretty interesting, subtle ad. Really cool. Could have passed as a random short film to celebrate the movie's 25th anniversary if you didn't tell me it was an ad
  • edited September 2011
    I´ve also found this security camera footage video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVquEn-Xow
    This kind of ad is really awesome, isn´t it? :p
  • edited September 2011
    All the security camera videos and also the first one was supposed to be just viral for the internet.
    This new one is the one that will be on tv and such. It's more like a shameless sales pitch, but still there are some funny bits with Doc's inventions that are worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JfNBRhc98
  • edited September 2011
    Ah, there's the lack of subtlety that I was looking for. Still pretty funny, and it is just cool to see some acknowledgement of how much today's technology really does resemble what people of the 1980's would imagine "future technology" to be like. The only areas where we've fallen behind seem to deal with hovering, flying, and space travel. Oh, and faxes
  • edited September 2011
    Ignatius wrote: »

DOC PRO 64 with 64K memory huge ipad. 1.21 GIGAWATTS.

I guess that's where he got the Xbox headsets from for Episode 5 of the game...
  • edited September 2011
    I feel like alot of you haven't seen this.. theres already a post on this.
    by irenus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JfNBRhc98&list=FLWhNGmX7nwxPLwQOY4e9L_g&index=11
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see that Christopher Lloyd's still got it.
  • edited September 2011
    If you got to BTTF.com they have alot of behind the scenes photos and 3 other videos related to this.
    edited September 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    I feel like alot of you haven't seen this.. theres already a post on this.
    by irenus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26JfNBRhc98&list=FLWhNGmX7nwxPLwQOY4e9L_g&index=11

So why make a new thread about it?!?
  • edited September 2011
    because the other one was burried? is that a good enough reason?
    edited September 2011
    It wasn't even a month old AND you clearly remembered it, including even the original poster's nick, so, absolutely: no! ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Im sorry! I was excited! I love the DOC! I see you do too(if thats doc in your avatar?)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.