Episode 2 need some fixing

Just spend couple of hours with it and I definitely like it! However, there's couple of problems plaguing it.

1. The cutscenes voices-track stutters. Sometimes it plays smooth for about 5 seconds, then it goes back to stuttering. This was a problem with the previous game, but I watched the cutscenes from Youtube. And now with subtitles I can at least know what they're talking about. Still, irritating.

2. After playing for a quite while, game started freezing and stutter outside of cutscenes. Namely at the restaurant scene and from there on. It finally gave up at the
brothel, after I switched the lamps
, and the game crashed. When checking it out from the Task Manager, I found out that the game was eating my RAM like fat kid eating a pack of cheetos! About 1,6 GB much! I know the recommended requirement is 3GB (I got 2GB, which is minimum. Rest of the stuff is around the recommended.), but come on! I think the game could use some optimization or something.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    TheChosen wrote: »
    Just spend couple of hours with it and I definitely like it! However, there's couple of problems plaguing it.

1. The cutscenes voices-track stutters. Sometimes it plays smooth for about 5 seconds, then it goes back to stuttering. This was a problem with the previous game, but I watched the cutscenes from Youtube. And now with subtitles I can at least know what they're talking about. Still, irritating.

2. After playing for a quite while, game started freezing and stutter outside of cutscenes. Namely at the restaurant scene and from there on. It finally gave up at the
    brothel, after I switched the lamps
    , and the game crashed. When checking it out from the Task Manager, I found out that the game was eating my RAM like fat kid eating a pack of cheetos! About 1,6 GB much! I know the recommended requirement is 3GB (I got 2GB, which is minimum. Rest of the stuff is around the recommended.), but come on! I think the game could use some optimization or something.

2 Tips:
    1. Upgrade your RAM. RAM sticks are dirt cheap these days. We're talking £50 for a pair of 4GB sticks (so 8GB total) on dabs.com. Don't know what your local dealer would charge you, though.
    2. using that spoiler tag substitute still allows people who don't want to read it to actually read it by accident. Use this instead:
      <spoiler>message</spoiler>

But use square brackets (BBCode) rather than angle brackets (HTML, for display purposes only).

I have 4GB of RAM and can run a web browser in the background without any of the problems you're experiencing. The graphics card is a GeForce GT220 with 512MB GDDR3 (a low-end one from about 3 years ago).
  • edited August 2011
    I played the game smoothly, so still think its something with your computer. Tried on another one?
  • edited September 2011
    I have an issue also with episode 2. Mouse cursor stutters everywhere there's an "object". For example in the main menu, cursor moves normally until I move it over Play Game or Options where there's 1-2second lag before it goes on top of the links. And when moving it on top of Quit, it takes the 1-2 seconds, and then again when clicking it, it can take over 5 seconds before anything happens.

Cannot play this before it's fixed :( No issues with episode 1. I have windows 7 32bit, 4GB memory, quad core amd cpu and Radeon HD5770.

No issues with resource usage, mem / cpu's are fine.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.