Beyond Reasonable Doom Speculation Thread

edited September 2011 in Hector: Badge of Carnage
Seeing as there isn't one yet, thought I'd start one. What are your thoughts?

I can't think of much besides escaping the prison whatsisface throws you in, tracking him down again and hearing about his REAL motives and plans (not what he told us through the computer).

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Honestly there isn't too much to speculate on besides what you said yourself tbm1986. Judging by the artwork seen for "Beyond Reasonable Doom" it seems like Hector is going to be trapped in some sort of hospital. Whether or not this is the terrorist's doing or if something else happens in the game remains to be seen.
  • edited August 2011
    Harukuro wrote: »
    Honestly there isn't too much to speculate on besides what you said yourself tbm1986. Judging by the artwork seen for "Beyond Reasonable Doom" it seems like Hector is going to be trapped in some sort of hospital. Whether or not this is the terrorist's doing or if something else happens in the game remains to be seen.

Google does not want to be my friend today. Could you point me in the direction of this artwork, please?
  • edited August 2011
    It's on the launcher. But here it is anyway:

Attachment not found.

Anyway, on speculation. Perhaps that is a new task the terrorist wants him to do? Or maybe it's a distraction, so he can get on with whatever it is he wants to do. Because, really, he can't want to make the town a better place for everyone and still be a terrorist. He'd be one of he nicest terrorists we knew if he that was his intention. Apart from the gunning down the police officers thing.
  • edited August 2011
    "Escape his squalid demise" somehow makes me think it's going to have sort of a Saw-esque theme to it.
  • edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    "Escape his squalid demise" somehow makes me think it's going to have sort of a Saw-esque theme to it.

Oh please no. The Saw series is so un-necessarily gory.
  • edited August 2011
    I don't exactly expect Hector to have to eat his own head, or anything.

I just sorta expect from the picture and the ending of part 2 that he and Lambert are going to be trapped somewhere by the terrorist with the expectation that they're going to die or have to do something awful to escape, and of course they'll end up getting free in the silliest way possible. But I expect that to just be the beginning, like the station in part 1 or the collapsed building in part 2, and then it'll open up again.
  • edited September 2011
    Also, i ws wondering about the missing scenes.

There were some screenshots that never appeared in the game, are those supposed to be in the final chapter or were just removed?
  • edited September 2011
    According to MetaCritic, the game will be released on Thursday 22nd September. Make of that what you will.
  • edited September 2011
    Great Scott! That's tomorrow! I'm still waiting for an official word. I love the Hector titles and the last one was too much of cliff hanger.
  • edited September 2011
    Earlier in the week, the TT Interloper said it will be released "very soon". I'm still holding out for today. True, there's been bugger-all proof or hype from TT but then there wasn't any regarding episode 2. Granted, there were things on at the time but they could have made a belated announcement rather than sticking a cheap banner on their website. Methinks they really don't care about Hector anymore.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.