Found deep within the bowels: Soda Poppers for Governer

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited September 2011 in Sam & Max
Apparently at some point we were going to make a Soda Poppers for Governer website. Or, I wanted to, or something? We did Max For President instead, obviously, but I guess I made this at some point:

PoppersForGoverner.jpg

Maybe this belongs in the Fan Art thread...

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Ah, the good old days. I guess Peepers doesn't want my vote?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Specs you mean. Yeah I don't think i ever did the art. "you made me mess up" is a tough one to turn into a viable slogan...
  • edited August 2011
    Max will always have my vote.:D
  • edited August 2011
    Given how much I think people hate the Poppers, it's probably better you went with Sam for President.
  • edited August 2011
    Interesting. The Peepers poster made it into the final game, didn't it? Nice to know where it came from.
  • edited August 2011
    Sorry, but when it comes to Governors, there's only one choice:

4351638451_48f5885b6f.jpg

Re-elect Governor Marley. When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice.
  • edited September 2011
    Perhaps this could come into play in a theoretical Season 4? After all, Max will be up for re-election... ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Tau/Tigz wrote: »
    Perhaps this could come into play in a theoretical Season 4? After all, Max will be up for re-election... ;)

We don't take kindly to folks who talk about bringin' back the Soda Poppers 'round these parts.
  • edited September 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Specs you mean. Yeah I don't think i ever did the art. "you made me mess up" is a tough one to turn into a viable slogan...

Woops, yeah, Specs, I knew that.

I'm almost starting to miss the Poppers. Almost.
    edited September 2011
    I always kind of liked the Soda Poppers. I wasn't as excited by their existence in Culture Shock, but starting with Abe Lincoln Must Die I actually liked the characters.... I can see why fans don't like them, though.
  • edited September 2011
    I always kind of liked the Soda Poppers. I wasn't as excited by their existence in Culture Shock, but starting with Abe Lincoln Must Die I actually liked the characters.... I can see why fans don't like them, though.

I liked the Soda Poppers once I realized their whole point was to be as unlikable as possible.

That...uh...that was your intent, right? :p

I'd actually be happy if they ended up returning in Season 4 (which you seriously need to announce, by the way ;) ). But then again, such a thing would ruin 205's perfect ending.
  • edited September 2011
    I loved the Soda Poppers. They were awesome funny. The sequence where they're outside Santa's headquarters in the North Pole literally made me cry with laughter.
  • edited September 2011
    Bringing another issue up... where is maxforpresident.org gone to!!!
  • edited September 2011

I think some of it is runover from season one/episode one bumps as well. It was a nice return but Telltale obviously got better at conveying humor and story over its 3 seasons with S&M. The Soda Poppers were part of an average batch of season one characters that, while it had standouts, were still only so appealing.
  • edited September 2011
    This post needs more Flint Paper. :)
    edited September 2011
    We gave out the wallpaper of Flint in his office smoking a cigarette, right? I think it was on the Season 2 DVD or something.
  • edited September 2011
    Haha, I wish this could've been finished XD

I like them in a "I like to hate them" way I guess :P

Bringing another issue up... where is maxforpresident.org gone to!!!

I never got to see it :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.