Sharing game over skype or similar video conference software

My daughter and I have enjoyed playing part of this game together, now she is off at college far away. . . . . But wondering if I couldn't start the game then share my screen with Skype (or similar conferencing software) so she also could see the game. Actually we tried this and she could hear the game but got only a white screen. Not sure if Tales of Monkey Island can be played in a window or only full screen. (if that would help)

Any ideas? Anyone tried this and gotten it to work?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    You could give it a try with Teamviewer - It's pretty good at sharing desktops between computers. However, I've not had success showing a video (played in VLC) remotely, so I'm not certain it would work with a game.
  • edited September 2011
    Also Teamviewer doesn't share sound.
  • edited September 2011
    You could couple it with a skype audio call (or even a traditional phone call) - again, not ideal :)
  • edited January 2013
    You can share your computer screen with your daughter using various desktop screen sharing tools such as gomeetnow, gotomeeting, WebEx etc. Deployment of on premise web conferencing appliance such as RHUB appliances also allows desktop screen sharing, File Transfer, Meeting recording etc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.