Retail Therapy

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Gamestop seems to have announced Season 1 published (and developed?) by Dreamcatcher preorder. It's listed at $29.99 interestingly enough.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646990

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Interesting find. A quick checkup reveals that Dreamcatcher is under the control of JoWooD, which makes things a little less bizarre.
  • edited April 2007
    What does Dreamcatcher have to do with Sam & Max???
  • edited April 2007
    Dreamcatcher is owned by JoWooD, which is Telltale's retail publisher for Season 1. It makes some sense that they would use the more well-known (and well-sounding) name Dreamcatcher rather than just JoWood (IIRC their other brand The Adventure Company only publishes in the US).
    EDIT: Another lookup reveals that actually The Adventure Company is a branch of DreamCatcher. Befuddling stuff, this...
  • edited April 2007
    Ohhhh... Hmmmm... : /
  • edited April 2007
    I hope we get our super special, super telltale friends edition far sooner then Fall. :S
  • edited April 2007
    the packaged version had better rock, and have a ton of cool stuff on it..... we are watching you telltale, (you guys are hard to find, so i left out your address for a reason :D )

i love the "i can see you" gag...... it never gets old
    2i08ck7.jpg

i am no good at lining up aerial images, but i think i got it in the right spot
  • edited April 2007
    Wait... I paid $5 more?!
  • edited April 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Wait... I paid $5 more?!

PWNED!!

• edited April 2007
    getting the games early, and getting some special featues on the disc is not enough for you........ for those 2 things, that is $5 well spent (in my highly developed opinion)

hell, you can barely get a mcdonalds lunch for 5 bucks

not to mention that we will probably get the telltale season package version of the game before summer is over
  • edited April 2007
    Yup, and besides that there is the convenience of being able to redownload it to any computer without having to take the cd with you; I doubt the retail version will offer you that!
    It also makes business sense. The last thing anyone wants is for Telltale to outcompete its own publisher. Besides that, the financial picture also looks very different from when the earlier price was determined. Back then, Telltale needed the support of Gametap just to be sure they could create the entire season. Right now they are well into profit and not even done yet. We should be happy that the customers (or at least some of them) see some of that as well.
    All of this does make me wonder what the pre-order price for Season 2 will be...
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »

It doesn't look like you did. ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    the packaged version had better rock, and have a ton of cool stuff on it..... we are watching you telltale, (you guys are hard to find, so i left out your address for a reason :D )

i love the "i can see you" gag...... it never gets old
    2i08ck7.jpg

I actually can't tell where that is :(
  • edited April 2007
    Funny... that is the same image I saw on the (ep 4 spoiler)
    targeting computer in the War room!
    (even though it is an old spoiler, I don't want to ruin someone's experience).

We definitely did get a different product than retail users will probably get. Not only do we have the option of getting shipped the CD version for free (plus shipping), but we also have the ability to DDL the eps to our computers (as previously mentioned). I would say we all got a great deal... retail buyers are basically paying for a year old, year minus two months, year minus 3 months, year minus... [continues]... product. TTG tastes best fresh, but also will have a long shelf life. Food analogy, hey!
  • edited April 2007
    i know i have the right address ;) i am just having trouble lining it up with the map

i think the star on that last one is about a mile to the southeast of where the actual building is..... i know the building is near exit 151, and i have 3 maps all pointing to a different spot (it took me a while to find my own house with that site, and i have already seen my street from the air :D ) according to mapquest my house is an ice cream shop......

this should be the general area (the star is over the local post office)....... it would be easier if one were actually on the ground to read the street signs and building numbers

47xqtdd.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    @dangerzone: oh, the fun you have ;)

wow! your house is an ice-cream shop, lucky you ;)
  • edited April 2007
    yeah, im bored...... i hate wednesdays, mondays are filled with anger, fridays are filled with happiness, i never rember what the weekends are like, and wednesday is a cold emotionless day in the middle of the week :rolleyes:

im hungry..... where is that damn pizza delivery guy :mad:

(i hope he did not use mapquest :D )
  • edited April 2007
    I hope you didn't order from the same pizza place I ordered from a while ago. 1 hour after I had ordered the guy called - turned out he had visited an area about 30 min away(by car), and thought I lived there. When he finally got here the pizza was cold, and he was pissed off because he claimed we had said we lived in an area with a bit similar name. Damn, it's a good thing my brother opened the door, else I would have yelled him so full that he wouldn't be able to walk away from our house.

Anyway, I have an exam tomorrow, so for me a thursday evening will feel much better :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.