The entire Monkey Island Movie PLOT in the Europe Special Edition!

Hi guys... whoever of you ha bought the european Special Edition of MI1 & 2 has noticed that there is a big resume with storyboards of the Monkey Island Movie Plot?!

That's amazing! Guybrush was supposed to be a fisherman and have a pet monkey :D!

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I am so glad it was never made into a movie.
  • edited September 2011
    How so? Personally, I think that could've been a really good movie.

Or do you worry that MI would become too mainstream, and get action games?
  • edited September 2011
    I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, HMV states they're still waiting for Stock, the hell.
  • edited September 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    How so? Personally, I think that could've been a really good movie.

Or do you worry that MI would become too mainstream, and get action games?

I didn't like the plot
    Human Murray, sex hungry Voodoo Lady,
    also
    Guybrush was just a Pirate wanna be with no intelligence or Puzzle Solving abilty it was all dumb luck
  • edited September 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    I didn't like the plot
    Human Murray, sex hungry Voodoo Lady,
    also
    Guybrush was just a Pirate wanna be with no intelligence or Puzzle Solving abilty it was all dumb luck

That witch doesn't look like the Voodoo Lady at all, though. And of course, puzzle solving would've been harder to show in a film than in a game.
  • edited September 2011
    That witch doesn't look like the Voodoo Lady at all, though. And of course, puzzle solving would've been harder to show in a film than in a game.

Im assuming its her. Even If its harder to show on camera this Guybrush only got by on dumb luck and other charecters doing the work.
  • edited September 2011
    Im assuming its her. Even If its harder to show on camera this Guybrush only got by on dumb luck and other charecters doing the work.

can u post a screen shot of the part with this dumbluck guybrush puzzle and the voodoo lady please
  • edited September 2011
    can u post a screen shot of the part with this dumbluck guybrush puzzle and the voodoo lady please

Its on PS3 not PC so I can't take screenshot. Im only guessing its Voodoo Lady cos shes the only character I can think who would fit but wasn't named Voodoo Lady It might be an OC.
  • edited September 2011
    can u tell me wat she said and the puzzle and how it was sovled?
  • edited September 2011
    Its on PS3 not PC so I can't take screenshot. Im only guessing its Voodoo Lady cos shes the only character I can think who would fit but wasn't named Voodoo Lady It might be an OC.

It is on PC, PS3 and X360. I'll grab some screenshots, hang on.
  • edited September 2011
    It is on PC, PS3 and X360. I'll grab some screenshots, hang on.

thanks :) and to say thanks heres a little dance :guybrush: :winslow:
  • edited September 2011
    can u tell me wat she said and the puzzle and how it was sovled?

There was no puzzle just Guybrush doing things like firing a cannon by accident to start a mass unlikely chain reaction. The Voodoo Lady didn't say anything but the narration said she the witch is a sex hungry hag.
  • edited September 2011
    There was no puzzle just Guybrush doing things like firing a cannon by accident to start a mass unlikely chain reaction. The Voodoo Lady didn't say anything but the narration said she the witch is a sex hungry hag.

heres a little dance for u coolsome enjoy! :guybrush: :winslow:
  • edited September 2011
    :guybrush: :guybrush: :winslow: :winslow:

looks like twin brothers
  • edited September 2011
    The puzzle I assume Coolsome is referring to. Personally, I thought it was pretty cool.
    Storyboard-23.png

Encounter with the "Sea Hag" - The Voodoo Lady's slightly more evil cousin?
    Storyboard-25.png

Zoomed in. On the right, there's a skinny old woman with a pointy nose and chin, and... long breasts. She doesn't look anything like the Voodoo Lady, and she isn't called that in the storyboard either.
    Storyboard-Curse.png
  • edited September 2011
    I did liked the zombie LeChuck design.
  • edited September 2011
    man that was awesome i really wish someone would put all the storyboards on youtube or google images
  • edited September 2011
    man that was awesome i really wish someone would put all the storyboards on youtube or google images

They proboly will sooner or later.
  • edited September 2011
    yeah......
  • edited September 2011
    I guess the Sea Hag is a different character. I didn't rly get a good look at her when I read it hehe.
  • edited September 2011
    That looks fantastic! I hope that someday they take the best elements from the un-made film and make one. It would be a dream come true.
  • edited September 2011
    Guys I have the edition on the ps3, but it's possible for someone to take all the storyboard and post it?
  • edited September 2011
    Has anyone in the UK actually received their copy yet? Mine is still on "Awaiting Stock" and every other website I check it's always listed as "Out of Stock" for the PC version.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.