Episode 1 download ever updated to include Boen's voice?

Hey, this may be a dumb question but, did Telltale ever update the downloadable version of Tales episode 1 to include Boen's LeChuck voice? I know it was on the disc version and I thought that Telltale had said they were going to release an updated version of episode 1 to include the new LeChuck recordings but I never heard if they actually had released the update.

So in short, has the downloadable PC version of Tales episode 1 been updated to include Earl Boen's LeChuck recordings?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    No. At least not to my knowelege. I think all the other versions now use Boen's voice, including the DVD, but if you buy the games from TTG you can get the DVD for free (well you have to pay the shipping and handling costs but that isn't much) and then you get Boen's voice :)
  • edited September 2011
    Well, yeah, I already own the game and the DVD, have since it initially came out. I just don't have my DVD with me as I'm at college and being the dummy I am I left my disc back home, I suppose I can have the 'rents mail it to me or I can pick it up on my next trip home.
  • edited September 2011
    You ought to pick up your DVD. It is practically a certainty that Telltale won't ever put the Earl Boen Narwhal up as the downloadable version.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't personally feel it matters a huge amount. Sure it's nice to have Boen's voice in chapter 1 as it's constant, but the guy that did LeChuck in chapter 1 isn't awful, and it's only for a very short time.
  • edited September 2011
    Grojak wrote: »
    but if you buy the games from TTG you can get the DVD for free (well you have to pay the shipping and handling costs but that isn't much) and then you get Boen's voice :)

I don't understand why they can't update the downloadable version. I mean it can't possibly be that much work when they already have the DVD version with Boen's voice on it?

And not only is shipping cost insanely expensive, but I have no interest in owning the game on a DVD in the first place when I can already download and play the game whenever I want.
    Why would I pay money to buy something I already have? That just seems really stupid to me.

Those of us who have the digital product only are still entitled to have Earl Boen's voice in the first episode though.
  • edited September 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't update the downloadable version. I mean it can't possibly be that much work when they already have the DVD version with Boen's voice on it?

And not only is shipping cost insanely expensive, but I have no interest in owning the game on a DVD in the first place when I can already download and play the game whenever I want.
    Why would I pay money to buy something I already have? That just seems really stupid to me.

Those of us who have the digital product only are still entitled to have Earl Boen's voice in the first episode though.

Shipping wasn't that bad when I got mine, and I live in the UK. Plus the DVD does come with extra's, like concept art, directors commentary and some other goodies, so really your just paying for the extra things. :)
  • edited September 2011
    It's still not worth it just for a few extras. The shipping costs like $10, and that takes several weeks to arrive. I mean, do you even know how much money $10 is?
  • edited September 2011
    Half of $20?
  • edited September 2011
    The price of getting coffee on your way to work for a week?
  • edited September 2011
    And I believe coffee is more worthwhile than paying for something I already have. The games are what interests me and I can play those whenever I want.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.