Binary numbers in ep.5

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Im not sure how spoiler'ish this is, but I'll tag it anyway.
So, there are these binary numbers running in the background in Reality 2.0, I translated em but I have no clue what it means, but I'm sure it means something!

I'm pretty sure I got the numbers correct.
01110010 - 01101111 - 01110011 - 01100111

Which translates into r - o - s - g
The order could of course be different, but I still can't find any meaning, any ideas? =)

It would make at least a bit more sense if the last number was 01100101 instead of 01100111, then it would have been "rose" =)

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Hmm...either they're just a random series of ones and zeroes, or that S is supposed to be a Y, which would leave us with R-O-Y-G. Couple that with
    the name of the person at the top of Banco Lavadero 's money-laundering scheme,
    and...well, you should see where this is going.
  • edited April 2007
    That would also make sense, but Y would be 01111001.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    You translated the letters correctly.
  • edited April 2007
    what about g-r-o-s...? ;)
  • edited April 2007
    I bet those letters spell something, if you look at them the right way :)
  • edited April 2007
    Ahhh! Now I get it!

Don't you mean some'one'? ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Even with my 128 Mensa testet IQ I still can't get it (those bastards, I needed 130 to be a member ^^)
  • edited April 2007
    I've been standing on my head for an hour and I still have nothing.
  • edited April 2007
    You've inspired me to look for myself.

Edit: Yeah, the numbers are correct, and it is rosg.
    Roy G. Biv is the closet thing I can relate it to, but the s is wrong. :(

It isn't randomly generated in game, since they loop seemingly forever. Unless someone just chose those number randomly during production, there must be a reason.
  • edited April 2007
    I wonder if I should give it away... ;)

hint:
    It doesn't refer to someone IN the game. And the order of the sequence is correct, just maybe not the starting point...
  • edited April 2007
    osgr... Oscar?

sgro - Judy Sgro?

gros - General Register Office for Scotland?

sg. Ro - Sergeant Ro...someone...?

=p
  • edited April 2007
    I got it! Searched the forum for sgro and found a post with office quotes =p

Sollution :
    Maybe it's someone working on the game that put their little signature in it? Like Mr. Technical Director Jonathan Sgro? =p
  • edited April 2007
    I'm willing to bet that they're randomly chosen 1s and 0s that have no significance whatsoever.
  • edited April 2007
    Short for Dave Grossman, perhaps?
  • edited April 2007
    Plan3 wrote: »
    I got it! Searched the forum for sgro and found a post with office quotes =p

Sollution :
    Maybe it's someone working on the game that put their little signature in it? Like Mr. Technical Director Jonathan Sgro? =p

Well, either you're right, or we're both wrong!
  • edited April 2007
    nice find plan3!
  • edited April 2007
    Tnx Hero1 =) fhqwhgads was the first one to guess the meaning of the numbers though =)

The second I saw those binary numbers in the background I knew they had to mean something ^^
  • edited April 2007
    OMG! Conspiracy!!! AHHH!!! -hides-

(end Bosco impersonation)
  • edited April 2007
    Cool! It's the little things like this that make Sam and Max even more awesome!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.